Take the DIS WISH challenge here

Katholyn

Thanks for the help. I'm doing Atkins and the goal things. Thats my diet plan. Not just one or the other. I'm gonna try to add the other stuff, we'll see how it goes.

I'd like to join the WISH challenge!

I'm 23 and have never been thin, but always in good shape. I started to become less healthy when I left for college but it really went downhill (and up on the scale!) when I moved in with my boyfriend. We ate out all the time and had a gym membership that we didnt use! We think we'll get married in a year and a half so I'd like to lose as much as I can by June 2005. I also had a problem with kidney stones and have not been able to do any exercising since they put a stent in.

I'm 5'1" and at my highest of 215lbs. I get my stent out tomorrow which means I can start exercising again. I work at a health club (ironic huh!) so I have a free membership and two free sessions with a trainer. I'm hoping to work out 3-5 times a week. I started Weight Watchers which is a bit rough but I'm not giving up! I'm trying to replace food with something else, hopefully working out! (I tend to eat when I am upset, bored etc!)
My long term goal is somewhere around 130-140 (what I weighed when I graduated high school) but I'm doing it in small goals. My first goal is to be under 200 lbs by the time I go to Disney in Dec. Then I work on 10 lbs at a time! Thanks for all the support I know I'll get!!

Hi

I have registered on the Disboard journal as Coyote

I am taking the Wish Challenge to be in Onderland by Christmas.
I have joined ww. I need to exercise more.

I am 42 years old, 5.2 and weighed in at a whopping 221 lbs.

21 pounds by Christmas is doable if I do not gave in to the traps of a busy lifestyle ie not paying attention to me.

Thanks for letting me take the challenge.

Thanks Nativetexan for moderating.

All the best to all who have taken the challeng. One day at a time will soon be a year of success.

Coyote

I'll Join!!!

I had my second child the end of April, and seemed to have creeped to my highest weight ever. Tho I am more fit than I ever used to be, I am still heavy. I would like to lose 40 pounds to get to the weight I was before I got PG the second time, and then lose another 20-30 to get to a more reasonable weight. Since I have been heavy my whole life, I don't know what my goal weight should be, I want to go more on how I look and feel.

I try to workout at least 3 times a week and I am on WW for the 3rd time (once before PG #1, then after PG #1, and now after PG #2).

I struggle with staying on program because I get bored and like food way too much. Thank goodness I don't mind exercise!!

Jen

Hi
I'd like to take the challenge too. Ive read these pages for a while now but havn't had the guts to give it a go.

I've only got 3 weeks before my Disneyworld holiday, but I can try and lose a few pounds before I go and hopefully and carry on again when I get back ( I don't do diet's on holiday!!)

Im about 5.10 and weigh 205lbs, my goal is to get to around 168lbs and I think that's doable with just healthy eating and exercise. Im not joining a slimming club so i'm counting on you guys for all my support.

Wish me luck.

:jester:

I had asked a question of a fellow WISHer and received the nicest reply. She reminded me that I take it just "a day at a time".

I can do a day! It's the long term that scares me. But if I focus on just today, and not worry about tomorrow until tomorrow, well that makes it easier for me.

Thanks again to the Supportive WISHer who's helping me. It's a wonderful thing when together we support each other!

I CAN STAY ON THE PLAN TODAY! JUST ONE DAY IS EASY.

Well, today was my first day and I hope I can at least make it through today (it's only 4:00):teeth: .

I have had it with avoiding people and places!! I was always slender, 5'3" around 120-130. I got married and became very content (Thank God) and at present am at 170, OK there I said it. I have NEVER admitted my weight to anyone!

So I am starting today to take a bit more control of my life and my health. I will be eating healthy, mainly whole foods, and using my treadmill (while listening to Live365 Disney songs).

So I REALLY could use all the support I can get. I have several important functions in the next few months...in-laws 50th anniversary, Christmas, trip to Canada...so I need to at least feel good about myself!

Congratulations to all of you and all the weight you have all lost!

I'm on board and pray in time I myself can be an inspiration to others:sunny: :sunny:

Emmy

Hello!!!!
I just joined WW online I have been at it since Monday morning. I am doing really great so far. Previously I would start a diet and then felt really sick and light headed since I was not eating enough. I usually don't get through the first day. So far I really like WW since I can eat whatever I want. I did do Richard Simmions deal a meal before and lost 40lbs and gained it back due to a death in the family 7yrs ago. I then had my DS 3yrs ago and did go back to my pre preganancy size. (which was still overweight) I then had my DD 9 months ago and since then have only gained weight. My long term goal is lose 100lbs. My short term goal is lose at least 40lbs for our WDW vacation in February. (I probaly will gain back 5 :teeth: but thats ok)

Hello. I've been trying to do Weight Watchers for about 3 months now and have lost 5 lbs and then stopped. I have lost a lot of weight on a version of Atkins called Protein Power before. I think it just works better with my metabolism. My Mom is currently concentrating on low carbs and has lost 20 lbs. I really want to get back into the swing of Atkins again but it is hard. I tend to be lazy with my cooking and make a lot of pasta dishes.

How hard is the first 2 weeks? Also I am young (24) and we tend to go out and drink with friends, I don't drink beer usually mixed drinks is there any drinks that I can have that won't completely blow everything?

Any tips on the Induction period would be great. I am going to use the rest of this week to ease myself into this lifestyle and then start hardcore on Monday. Goal is to be 10 lbs lighter by Thanksgiving. And 20 lbs lighter by Christmas.

Current weight is 163 lbs

Hello! I would like to take the DIS Challenge. I'm hoping it will help me stay motivated to lose weight before my wedding on October 2, 2004 (I just got engaged last month on the Disney Cruise!) as well as before my next vacation to WDW December 4, 2004. I have been trying to do the Weight Watchers Points program, even though I no longer go to the meeting, but it's hard to stay motivated sometimes. I also walk on my treadmill and use a Bowflex for toning. Since I first joined WW probably 5 years ago or so, when I was in College, I have lost and kept off about 40-some pounds. I still have a long way to go though. I would say I would like to start with the goal of losing about 55 pounds to start with, which will put me just under that 200 mark....I'll be happy with that to begin with, then I'll set a new goal.

Hey everyone! After reading these boards and lurking for quite a while, I've decided to bite the bullet and join. I've never done anything like this before but everyone here seems so supportive and helpful. I'd like to get in on it! I finally decided to get serious when my "baby" turned 9 the other day (I guess I really can't use the old, "I just had a baby" excuse anymore!)

Just started Atkins, am trying to use my YMCA membership and hoping for the best. I've avoided the scale for awhile now and I'm not quite ready to step on it yet, but that's ok. I'll just keep plugging away, blissfully unaware of how much I'll be losing until I'm ready to look:scared: So, I can't add clippies yet, but soon...

Wish me luck!
Kat

Welcome everyone!!

ilovefh : Good luck! I know you will reach your 200 lb. goal by the time your trip comes in December! And, working out will definitely help! I need to do more myself.

coyote : Welcome! You can definitely lose 21 pounds by Christmas with a lot of dedication, and hard work! But we know you can do it - just stick with us for support! :sunny:

Jen117 : Exercise, exercise, exercise! It sounds like you have the right idea! And, combined with WW - you'll do great! I know how hard it is to lose that PG fat (Mine is 19 years old, and I'm still struggling! LOL) Good luck!

TWD2000 : Sounds like you have a very good goal! Lose a few before your trip, and you'll be surprised to see how easy it will be to turn down an extra treat here and there while you're on vacation. Then afterwards, you can hit it hard and be to your goal in no time! Welcome! :wave:

djkeenan : Isn't it great to have that extra support? That's what we're here for! A Day at a Time is a great motto - I try to do that myself! Sometimes I do An Hour At A Time!

Emme : Well, how did your first couple of days go? You have a lot coming up in the next few months - but with support, and the right attitude (like it sounds like you have!) you will be successful! We're glad you're here with us! :wave2:

Samandmom : I've heard great things about WW here on the WISH board! Lots of success - and I'm sure you'll be right there with them! You have the right idea - give yourself a short-term goal, then work on the longer-term goal after that! It's nice to have a trip to look forward to! ::yes::

Septbride2002 : So, how's the "easing into" the low carb lifestyle working for you this week? You got some good information yesterday about Induction, and I know you can make it through!! Remember the first 2 weeks are the hardest, and after that it gets much easier! You will really enjoy how healthy you feel, and how much energy you will have! Stick with it!

Marshmelo : I love your name! LOL! Welcome to the WISH Challenge! You will do great! You'll find LOTS of support here - remember to ask when you need help! That's what we're here for! Give yourself those smaller short-term goals, instead of looking at the big picture, and take one day at a time. Good luck! :teeth:

kasar : Welcome!!! You will love the Atkins program! And, you'll get lots of Atkins support here on WISH too (including myself)! We're glad you came out of Lurkdom! LOL!

I am planning on starting tomorrow, which will be approx 30 days before my cruise. Already done WW, lost 30lbs but lost motivation the past two months.

really want to get back on program again. My short term goal is to just to loose before my cruise. Since it has been a while since I have lost. I will be happy if I loose 5lbs.

I will be doing Weight Watchers and weighing in weekly on Friday morning. I am also going to exercise every day until my cruise--at least 30 mins a day.

Count me in! I just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago. I am at my heaviest now and doing my beloved Disney was very taxing. Also one of the safety bars was very snug. I can't have that! I am taking my 7 year old DD on our first DCl cruise on July 4,2004. I don't want to be this big then. We will do a week at WDW after the cruise. I want to be able to keep up with my daughter this time!. I started WW on Monday. My first weigh in will be Sunday. I am taking this slowly and first goal is my 10% which is 26 pounds. After that the next 10%. Once I am under 200 I will think about a final goal. Thanks in advance for the support!:wave:

:wave: Okay! I am committing to eating on-plan every day and using my husband's exercise bike at least 3 times/week! I am following the Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program (CALP). I have lost 30 lbs, but have been stalled at 20+ lbs from goal for over year. I'd like to lose most of those 20 by the time I take my first solo trip in February. Thanks, Katholyn for providing this support group!

<b>DisneyGator01</b> Welcome to WISH, I'm so glad you decided to join us. We have lots of WW WISHers here. If you have any questions about the program all you have to do is ask and I'm sure you will receive many speedy replies. I hope you will share your WW expertise with others, too. Visit WISH often, it's a very motivating experience to do that.

<b>bairdbeth</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH, I'm glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

You've got an excellent eating plan in place and now that you have WISH you are on the road to success. I'll bet you do great!

<b>lowe@massed.net</b> Welcome to WISH! I'm so glad to see you here.

I've never heard of the Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program but I'm anxious to learn more about it.

Visit WISH often and participate as often as you can. You will find WISH a very motivational place.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own LisaTx telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.</i>

Onward and downward, my new friends. Get ready to <b>succeed</b>!

Katholyn

Hi Everyone
Count me in i've got 50 week's to go till my Disney hol's and weigh 252lbs. so if i can lose an average of 2lbs a week that will please me so much, but i'm going to need plenty of encouragement, and i hope i can be of help to some of you as well

Thank's Jean xx :wave2:

Hi Jean88! :wave:

Welcome to the WISH Challenge! You can definitely lose an average of 2 pounds per week! I've been doing Atkins for about 10 weeks, and have lost 26 pounds so far. Do you have a specific diet plan you want to follow? Many people here on WISH are having great success with Weight Watchers and with low-carb diets, such as Atkins. Personally, I think it makes it easier to lose if you have some kind of structure to follow.

Whichever way to decide to do this - you can succeed!! We're here for you, to offer encouragement, and hopefully get some encouragement back from you! Good luck! :teeth:

Hi Rhonda
I'm doing the Atkin's diet but the thing i will find really hard is going without fruit as i'm led to believe i can't have any, if this is true how do everybody get round this?

Jean :wave2:

Okay, I'm ready! After having an old friend tell me this weekend, "You are bigger each time I see you." I'm motivated. I'm fortunate enough not to have to lose a ton, but my BMI has gone from normal to overweight, and I weighed 15 pounds less a year ago. So that's my goal - 15 pounds. If I can do it by Christmas I'd be thrilled. I plan on just basically counting calories and trying to stay around 1200, and exercising five days a week (skipping weekends). WISH me luck and self control!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter