• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take Shape for Life - Medifast

DisneyFamily123

Use the Force, Luke!
Anyone use Take Shape for Life and Medifast? Anyone a Take Shape for Life coach? I lost 50 pounds in just 3 months Jan-March this year. Take Shape for Life goes beyond just losing weight to develop healthy habits of living in a world that encourages overeating unhealthy food.

With any weight loss, one thing that is a real struggle is to continue making healthy choices when surrounded by unhealthy food -- fast food, oversized portions, an abundance of processed food, food manufactured (not grown) in other countries with less regulations. Fortunately, summer time is very easy to buy meats and vegetables and fruits from local farmers. Winter time will be harder.

My next trip to WDW will also be a challenge. I LOVE food. But I will force myself to make healthy choices with a few pleasure foods. The biggest problem I anticipate? Sharing a 50s Prime Time milkshake instead of gulping the whole thing down myself!

As a lap band patient, there are many times I need to use Medifast or a similar product, to get my necessary nutrition intake. I am sure you will meet your goal - I just wanted to encourage you. It can be a great method to lose weight, but incorporating real foods back into your lifestyle once you meet goal will be difficult, too. With the proper mindset, you will be successful though. Good job!

Did a search and found this.. My FIL is a coach and my DH and I are working on restructuring our budget, our pantry and shopping styles to make this work for us. I'm really nervous about it but excited too. I'm doing a mini mom & kids trip that will be a great test on how I'll do at Disney. It's at the end of FEB, so I'll be a month in.

We do Disney for a whole week at the end of July into August. We are doing TIW instead of Dining Plan because we always felt compelled to eat with DDP.

FIL said, just fill your backpack with snacks. He found Medifast when he was retired, no kids eating Mickey Ears around all the time. ... We'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter