• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take 2 ADRS - please review as I can call tomorrow

ejsmomma

Mouseketeer
THANK YOU!
I have two young boys ~3 and 4.5 and we really like good food but want the kids to be entertained or not required to be super quiet while we eat.

Day 1-arrive PM, Epcot Garden Grill (Epcot) Dinner

Day 2 Am - Epcot
Coral Reef (Epcot) lunch
PM - MK after nap

Day 3 Am - DS
Hollywood and Vine (DS) lunch,
dinner?????

Day 4 AM - MK
Crystal Palace (MK) breakfast Do they open BEFORE Magic Hours?
Trails End (Ft Wilderness) Dinner

Day 5 AM - AK Tusker House (AK) breakfast
PM - MK
Whispering Canyon (WL) dinner before MNSSHP

Day 6 Kona breakfast

Let us know what you think.

Nice choice...you made some excellent revisions to the first list.

For the missing dinner, I would first consider 'Ohanas (Polynesian) -- but that would be a lot of food for the day. Still it is such a fun place for kids and if you get the right table you have a great view of the bay lake. Also, we consider it to be the best value at Disney for the most yummy food. It is a must do for us.

Still if you don't want two all-you-can eats in 1 day and looking for something on the lighter side, consider Kona Cafe (Polynesian), Beaches & Crean (Yacht and Beach Club), Grand Floridian Cafe (Grand Floridian), Maya Grill (Coronado Springs), Marrakesh (Epcot), San Angel Inn (Epcot), Biergarget (Epcot), Tepan Edo (Epcot), or Rose & Crown (Epcot).

Enjoy & Good luck with your ADRs.

I think those all look great, will be fun for your family. For the missing dinner I would suggest 50's Prime Time if you intend to spend the evening at DHS. If you are elsewhere, Chef Mickey's might be fun or perhaps Kona.

To answer your question about Crystal Palace, I believe they do open earlier on EMH they do open earlier on EMH but I'm not 100% sure.

Good luck getting everything you want!

For Coral Reef make sure you ask for a table by the tank! We didn't and I wish we had!

I would also consider 50's Prime Time (I haven't been yet but it's on our list for next year) or Sci-Fi. We LOVED Sci-Fi last February (burgers, veggie burgers, fries and shakes) with my 2 DDs (22 months and 5 years). THey loved watching the film previews and the cartoons and ate a lot of their food!

On our DHS day, we're doing Cape May Clambake for dinner. It sounded yummy, we get to take a boat over, and I love buffets because there's no waiting for the food to come-helpful with small kids my sons' ages! Plus my YDS will only be 2, so he can eat as much as he wants for free. We chose a lot of buffets for that reason!

Crystal Palace does not open earlier for emh - the 1st available adr time is 8:05 am whether it's an emh day or not.

For Day 1, I see that you say you are arriving in the PM. Were you planning on going to a park anyway, or are you only going because of Garden Grill? I ask because you have to use a park admission to eat there, and I didn't know what time of day PM meant. If it wer eme, and I was arriving later in the day (say 5 PM or so), unless I had an annual pass, I would eat somewhere outside a park. I wouldn't want to burn a whole day's admission for just a few hours.

At that age, your boys would most likely LOVE Mickey's Backyard BBQ. (My two boys loved it at ages 2 and 4...and ages 3 and 5 and begged to go back this year).

It is 2 TS credits per person, but the food buffet is good and the kids get to dance with the characters, see a cowboy do a trick show with a lasso, and get all the ice cream bars they want for dessert. The shows are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights at Fort Wilderness.

Also, they have free wine and beer for the parents...just in case. :laughing:

For Day 1, I see that you say you are arriving in the PM. Were you planning on going to a park anyway, or are you only going because of Garden Grill? I ask because you have to use a park admission to eat there, and I didn't know what time of day PM meant. If it wer eme, and I was arriving later in the day (say 5 PM or so), unless I had an annual pass, I would eat somewhere outside a park. I wouldn't want to burn a whole day's admission for just a few hours.

As they are going for six days, that 'whole day's admission' is only costing them 3 bucks each. And the park will be open for several hours after dinner. I wouldn't want towaste that much of a day if it were only costing 3 dollars. Last trip (Jan) we arrived at the MK at 6:30, ate at LTT at 7:45, saw SpectroMagic and rode about 5 rides plus saw Country Bears and Philharmagic. Not bad for 3 bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter