• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tagless Dis'ers / Formerly Tagless Dis'ers UNITE! - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey we're back! How's everybody? It was really HOT. I'm actually kind of glad to be home, even though the weather here is only a couple degrees cooler.

Oh, and it seems I can change my signature...my babies are 14!! :guilty: :sad:

Hey there! :wave2:

Too hot, huh? I'll take it! :beach:

ME TOO!!!!!
28_4_8.gif

Ok, a guy I work with is going to Disney in early May. His wife has to go down to Orlando for a few days of business, so they are all going and will do Disney at the end of the trip.

In chatting with him the last few weeks, I am discovering that he is oh-so-misinformed....! Here is an example:

Him: We're staying at the All-Star Movies resort. Any chance of walking to the park from there?

Me: Dude!!- Disney is 47 square miles - you don't walk to "get" anywhere!!

I then went on to describe, in detail, where to get the busses and how that system works.

And just this morning:

Him: Yeah, I read about Epcot is having a garden show of some sort while we're there....

Me: Oh yeah, the Flower & Garden Show! It's really cool, character-shaped topiaries and all.

Him: Sounds neat, but we're just going to Disney.

Me: Dude!....Disney is made up of FOUR parks, including Epcot!!

Him: Well, you know, "Disney!"....the main one!

Me: Okaaayy....the one with the castle, right? That's the Magic Kingdom. It's ALL "Disney World!"

And the one that I just laughed to myself about:

Me: Oh, the All-Star Movies is really neat and your daughter will love it! Over-sized movie characters all over the place, and the main pool is awesome!

Him: Yeah, well, I don't plan to be using the pool. If I'm spending money to go to Disney, I don't want to waste time sitting around the pool.

(He'll rethink that one when his 4-yr. old daughter and 3-mos.-pregnant [read: tired!!] wife have had enough walking by 1:00 in the afternoon!....:rotfl: )

Anyway, he got a little info packet in the mail the other day and was pretty excited about the Extra Magic Hour feature for on-site guests. So, I printed out the hours and schedule for MK for the week he'll be there. I am trying SO hard to just give him a clue of what he's in for!! Fortunately he's not going at a busy time of year...

Hey we're back! How's everybody? It was really HOT. I'm actually kind of glad to be home, even though the weather here is only a couple degrees cooler.

Oh, and it seems I can change my signature...my babies are 14!! :guilty: :sad:

14! How quickly time goes by. The flower girl from my wedding is now my babysitter. I remember when she was my little ones age. :sad2:

I forgot where you went that was hotter than FL? We're actually having a cold front on Wednesday, high in the 50's. :rotfl2:

Oh, the Florida Keys. I'll tell you; the feel of being in the Keys doesn't feel like our part of Florida! :beach:

We got about six inches of snow as predicted. I love snow! :rolleyes1

American Idol is on tonight. I'm off to search this week's theme.

I hope it's not a snoozefest like 60's week was.
:faint:

ETA ... Oh my gosh you guys, I see the splat!!!!!!

Oh, the Florida Keys. I'll tell you; the feel of being in the Keys doesn't feel like our part of Florida! :beach:

There is no other place that feels like the Keys. It's a very unique place to go. We haven't been for a long time. Our favorite place to go though is Islamorada.

We got about six inches of snow as predicted. I love snow! :rolleyes1

American Idol is on tonight. I'm off to search this week's theme.

I hope it's not a snoozefest like 60's week was.
:faint:

ETA ... Oh my gosh you guys, I see the splat!!!!!!

So are they going through the decades? It sounds like 70's night. If so, I'll be happy to tune in next week for the 80's.

I see the splat too!

Hey, how did you guys come to be here, on the DIS?

I'm just realizing, I have no idea how I found this place! I'm guessing I read about it, maybe in the Unofficial Guide or something? But, I've been here since '04! :thumbsup2

Hey, how did you guys come to be here, on the DIS?

I'm just realizing, I have no idea how I found this place! I'm guessing I read about it, maybe in the Unofficial Guide or something? But, I've been here since '04! :thumbsup2

I don't remember. I must have been searching Disney related sites. :confused:

Mean Queen - are you watching AI? It was quite boring up until a few minutes ago. A lot of these guys stink!

ETA - I'm using the desktop computer and the Splat is gone.

It's the case of the disappearing Splat. :tilt:

Hi everyone.:wave: Nice and sunny here. :beach:

MeanQueen, how'd your fancy Oscar dinner turn out. Sounded like fun.

LegoMom3, love your story. Maybe someone should give him "Disney for Dummies". :rolleyes1 I can't imagine spending all that money to go to Disney and not research it just a little.

Donald's Shrink, Congratulations on finishing your thesis! Let's celebrate with a happy dance. All welcome to join in.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: party: party: party:

Maybe we all should consider writing a Tag Fairy Thesis together. It could be a community project. We could start by contributing what we know about the Tag Fairy. I'll start:

The Tag Fairy is a beautiful, elusive creature, only bestowing her tags on the worthiest of Diser's.

How you liken the 70's DeterminedOne? Wow, that David Hernandez is HOT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter