• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tagless Dis'ers / Formerly Tagless Dis'ers UNITE! - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't even imagine what 8" of snow looks like. I've been skiing before and I don't think there was the much packed on the mountain. For me, the snow is a nice thing to visit but I wouldn't want to live (or drive) in it. I'll take our current rash of thunderstorms (and state-wide tornado watches) over the cold and snow.

Keep in mind that's just what we got last night! I can't open my walk-out basement door right now because of the snow. It's probably near two feet in places....

And right now, it's just 32 degrees and POURING rain. Yep, it's freezing up on everything. I know hell is supposed to be all hot and fire and brimstone and all, but I think it's more like this....

I know hell is supposed to be all hot and fire and brimstone and all, but I think it's more like this....[/COLOR][/FONT]

I don't know, have you got in a car with leather seats while wearing shorts in the middle of July? I will only buy cloth seats because anything else is pure torture. When you get in you sear your skin, when you get out, you lose some because it sticks from all the sweat. Can't we just have nice 70 degree weather all year long everywhere?

Blueeyesrnc - I completely missed your question about the splat - the one I can no longer see. As Mean Queen mentioned, I think the meaning was more about the TF leaving his or her mark. I don't understand what happened and why me and Lego Mom only see an X. I thought it had something to do with my laptop, but it's the same way on my desktop. :confused3

After all this time, now your splat has disappeared to me too. It's not an x though, just a dot in a box. I tried to right click and choose show picture but that didn't work either. Odd.

So, here's what happened to us today. I had to go in to work each day this week. I've been leaving the house around noon to take my little one to a friends, then heading to work, to older DD's school, to friend's house and back. Today, older DD had dance so instead of getting the little one, I went straight home. Today, I had left the window open a crack, but it has a safety lock and is jimmy proof. When we got home, I noticed one of our brand new window screens was out and leaning nicely against the house. When I looked at it, I saw it was ripped. At first, I thought maybe my cat or the wind had knocked it out. But then I realized how neatly it was sitting against the wall. Stupidly, I unlocked the door (after peering in the window and seeing noone) and went inside. I then realized my stupidity, and went back out. I called DH, who talked to some of the police that train near his office, then called 911. The police came out and found the person tried to get in the back too. They had sliced our screen porch and tried to open the door. Luckily, we had it blocked with a board and 2 propane tanks so the cats couldn't rip out the screen. Plus, we had new French doors with a good lock put in recently. The police said we were the 4th house in the area they tried, they got in 2 of them. We were very lucky we just had these new safety features put on the house.

After all this time, now your splat has disappeared to me too. It's not an x though, just a dot in a box. I tried to right click and choose show picture but that didn't work either. Odd.

So, here's what happened to us today. I had to go in to work each day this week. I've been leaving the house around noon to take my little one to a friends, then heading to work, to older DD's school, to friend's house and back. Today, older DD had dance so instead of getting the little one, I went straight home. Today, I had left the window open a crack, but it has a safety lock and is jimmy proof. When we got home, I noticed one of our brand new window screens was out and leaning nicely against the house. When I looked at it, I saw it was ripped. At first, I thought maybe my cat or the wind had knocked it out. But then I realized how neatly it was sitting against the wall. Stupidly, I unlocked the door (after peering in the window and seeing noone) and went inside. I then realized my stupidity, and went back out. I called DH, who talked to some of the police that train near his office, then called 911. The police came out and found the person tried to get in the back too. They had sliced our screen porch and tried to open the door. Luckily, we had it blocked with a board and 2 propane tanks so the cats couldn't rip out the screen. Plus, we had new French doors with a good lock put in recently. The police said we were the 4th house in the area they tried, they got in 2 of them. We were very lucky we just had these new safety features put on the house.

:scared: Glad everything is o.k.

Hey, I can no longer see the splat, either. I only see a box with a red X in it. I wonder what's up?

Mean Queen, that is terrible!!! Thank God, no one was in your house when you went in. Good thing you had just updated those locks. Glad everyone is OK.:flower3:

Hey the splat is back!! Does that deserve a dancing banana?.... :banana:

Mean Queen - that is SCARY! Glad your safety features worked. I've never had it happen to me personally, but my late step-mother (before she married my dad) had that happen in her condo and I was with her when she came home and found the place broken into. She was really shaken up.

Kids are back to school today but I have another day off! A big shipment of supplies was delayed at an airport yesterday due to the weather so there's really nothing we can do until it arrives (which should be today sometime). I'll have to get outside and help DH chip away at the other end of the driveway and our mailbox (no mail yesterday 'cause the box was buried!!).

So, blueeyesrnc, tell us a little about yourself! I live in NH (for the moment...see "location" under avatar....!), have 3 DS's (and one DH :rotfl: ) and work part-time for a hat-box company. I am holding onto my sanity through this nightmare of a winter by planning our next WDW trip coming up in September! :cool1:

Now how about this for a thing of irony. I had called my dad at work yesterday and told him about the attempted break in. Later that night, he called me to tell me his house WAS broken into. They took their TV, laptop, and his wifes jewelry that she got from her late parents. They don't live anywhere near us, so I don't think it was related to the rash of break-ins near me. Just a very odd and unhappy coincidence.

:love: HAPPY HEART DAY!!:love:

Hey everyone!! :goodvibes
Legomom, thanks for the email letting me know about the changes. It took me forever to find ya'll again.:sad2:

MeanQueen, I was so sorry to read about your attemped break in. I'm thankfull everything turned out okay!! But sad for your Dad.:sad1:

SmileyBug!....how's it going?! How's the new house?....all settled in yet?

8_8_35.gif

:love: HAPPY HEART DAY!!:love:

Hey everyone!! :goodvibes
Legomom, thanks for the email letting me know about the changes. It took me forever to find ya'll again.:sad2:

MeanQueen, I was so sorry to read about your attemped break in. I'm thankfull everything turned out okay!! But sad for your Dad.:sad1:

Glad to see you Smileybug! I hope you can start hanging around again soon.

The police called today. They think the break-in's are related. Normally, the criminals just smash a window to get in the house. With both our houses, we had a screen cut. I had to go through and try to think of who we had in common that would do that. I'm still trying to rack my brain to come up with something. :confused3 I think I'd rather believe it was just a random freak occurance, rather than someone has it in for us.

I'm kinda sorta here. I can't sign on to the internet at home. Hopefully on Monday it'll be fixed.

Hey guys, I hope I'm back!! We are pretty much settled. Everything is great. Mean Queen, I hope you don't find out that whoever tried to break into your house isn't someone you know.

Glad to see you Smileybug! I hope you can start hanging around again soon.

The police called today. They think the break-in's are related. Normally, the criminals just smash a window to get in the house. With both our houses, we had a screen cut. I had to go through and try to think of who we had in common that would do that. I'm still trying to rack my brain to come up with something. :confused3 I think I'd rather believe it was just a random freak occurance, rather than someone has it in for us.

They think yours and your dad's are related??...even though you don't live close? Or yours and the others in your neighborhood? I'm confused! Regardless, it really stinks to go through that and I hope it's resolved soon.

I'm kinda sorta here. I can't sign on to the internet at home. Hopefully on Monday it'll be fixed.

Hi!! Haven't seen you in quite a while! Hope your Internet is fixed soon; I hate being without that!! :scared: Thanks for stopping by, though! And come back soon...

They think my dad and mine are related because of the similar nature. Plus, it's just very odd that a father and daughter miles apart would be hit on the same day. But again, I'm still holding out hope it was a freak occurance and not in any way related to us being related. Cause if someone had it out for us, then they'd come back since they didn't get in our house. :scared:

PAMOM - Glad to see you back. I can't imagine having no internet, that'd be like not being able to breathe. Well, not really, but close.

Hey DeterminedOne, I still only see a little box with "Image" in it. Actually, it's been like that for a while. I miss your splat!

Well we're going to the Florida Keys for the whole next week, our kids school (private school) has off. We're going with a bunch of friends, and I don't know if there is internet access.

Good morning everyone and happy Friday! :goodvibes

leahlovesdisney, have a great time in the Keys!! I'd love to go there (actually, I want to go see the infamous Robert the Doll in Key West...:rolleyes1 ).

Mean Queen, we are all thinking of you today....hope this situation gets resolved soon and doesn't turn out to be anything real nasty. :grouphug:

DeterminedOne, any more news on the job??!

I don't have to work today ... doo dah, doo dah. :dogdance:

The latest about the job is things have been strange.
My boss asked if I accepted the position and I had to tell him that an offer hasn't been made. He was surprised. :confused:

Later on I talked to the hiring manager who was under the impression an offer was made :confused3

I am still getting use to the makeup of the organization. I haven't worked for a company whereas the hiring manager is uninvolved in the job offer process.
I called the HR manager but he was out and I was against sending email or voicemail. I have no idea what's happening. :rolleyes:

I also need to tell you the 1st shift supervisor I've been covering for comes back to work Monday. My boss told me to stay on 1st in case I get the new job, which did I mention is on 2nd? That means I have to work with "her" all week and if you remember I don't care for her and I think the feeling is mutual. I've made many positive changes to the office in her absence and her team has responded favorably. It's going to be a long week ... or two ... who knows. popcorn::

DO - sounds like things are going to be a little rough before you finally get the new job. I can't imagine coming back to find someone who did my job better than me still working my shift. Hopefully this will be just one long week for you, and not any more.

No new word from the police. I doubt we'll hear anything again. I just sit here in my house staring out the window wondering if someone is watching the house or coming back to finish the job. I want to get an alarm system and some light timers before we take our next Disney trip at the end of March. I'd hate something to happen while we were on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter