• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TAG Heuer watches

trashcanman

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone - I'm looking to treat myself to a TAG but wonder if anyone has any advice as to the best shop/mall to visit

Thanks!:D

Looked in a few shops and they didnt seem much cheaper (the F1 Kirium anyway) maybe about -£200 from memory.

Eventually bought it on St Thomas in US Virgin Islands at over £500 off :bounce:

:cool:

Treated myself last October

Bought mine from Times Square watches in Belz Mall 2.

Paid just under $1215 (inc tax). Watch was marked up at $1,550 but they had a sale on so got $335 off.

Same watch locally was being sold for £1200 when I got back so made a decent saving.

Seemed to me that, like most things, there was a $-£ match in price. What you'd pay in £ over here, would be the price in $ over there

Simon

:eek: $1200 for a watch!!! :eek:

You could get another trip to Orlando and have change for a Casio for that :)

I know, but then I couldn't sell the Casio in a few years time for pretty much what i paid for it!!

When we were in Las Vegas 8 years ago we bought each other some jewellery as a wedding present. I got a gorgeous diamond pendant and earings and Dave a Tag. Unfortunately for Dave the same Tag watch was £70 cheaper in Costco in the UK!! Although if we'd got it in the High St it would've worked out dollars for pounds. I got a real bargain as my jewellery was all worth double what I paid for it. Buying diamonds from the US is always worth doing as you always get a good bargain.

Lisa

Trust me Simon, i collect watches and you wont be selling the Tag in a few years time for near what you piad for it either.If i were you and resale value or longevity counts then try the Omega Seamaster.IMHO

I know its personal choice but why TAG? I have one albeit a £400 model that i bought in Guernsey years ago, to be honest the watch aged quickly after a few years and my advice would be to definately forget anything with gold plate, stick to stainless steel.
I have a cheaper than TAG Klaus - Kobec and in my opinion its a better watch.If you can go for Omega,Brietling or Rolex.
Cheers Reflex

I thought of TAG only coz they are reasonable looking at reasonable prices (stainless steel of course, nothing as gaudy as gold!!) but I do like the Seamaster and Brietling may be a touch too far on the budget!

On the whole I suppose I'm just looking for a good looking watch, good quality - who is it that does the Steve McQueen retro from Bullitt? That type of thing....:rolleyes:

trashcanman, dont let me imply that TAG is not a good watch because it is, they keep time excellent and do look nice.The stainless steel models will look good for a very long time.You should be able to pick up an Omega Seamaster for about £600 equiv in the US, My Omega looks as good today as when i bought it 8 years ago after daily use.
Good luck whatever you choose.

My hubby has a stainless steel one which we bought 8 years ago and it still looks as good as it did new. I think this is pretty much like the one he's got.

http://www.jomashop.com/ct1110-ba0550.html

You could also check out this Costco link to see if there are any other watches you like, they might be cheaper.
http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?trg=subcat.asp&catid=108&subid=110&hierid=179&log=&NavTop=

Also there are a couple of other wholesale clubs in Orlando/Kissimmee and to join costs approx $30 or so, I'm not sure but you would think that they will be cheaper than US jewellers?

try

www.bjs.com
www.samsclub.com
www.costco.com

Good luck in your search!

Lisa

Hi

You should check out the Harrods sale in London at the moment

(Always around tennis week)

I got an Oris and Omega for half price. beats prices in US at the moment. If you are interested it watches this one of the best times to get one.

Another good sale is at Mapping and webb (Near Harrods) in the sale. Last year I purchased a Gucci watch for my wife 75% off ;) ;) but she does not know that, she loved it.

( i am a bit of a watch fanatic as you can probably guess...)

Just a thought for you guys..

Had Tag for 7yrs and then traded it in nearly two years ago for a BREITLING TRANS OCEAN Which cost an arm and a leg :p . Anyway from someone whos had a Tag( and loved it ) i'd say shop about. Plus have a look at Breitling if you like Tag you'll love these ;)

Mine is the one on the left only with a blue face
watches3b.jpg

jj....... :cool:

Not that i intend to buy any of the aforementioned items.....but if you do attract the attentions of HM Customs on your return home with a mucho expensive watch, would you have to pay tax, if so at what rate? If you paid tax would that negate any savings on purchase price?

mike230652

I got a Tag Kirium F1 chronograph from Barbados last year, with the metal strap (I hate the rubber one) it worked out to be £1200.00 which is much cheaper than the UK. Been to the states 3 times since and never seen this watch cheaper over there (always around the UK price). The only place that got close was the Duty Free shop at Sanford airport.
Girlfriend got herself a Tag too and the same thing applies to hers.
Obviously the answer is the duty free at Sanford however, it was v.expensive at MCO and Newark airports, obviously you are taking the chance that they will have the watch you want too.

Originally posted by daywalker
I got a Tag Kirium F1 chronograph from Barbados last year, with the metal strap (I hate the rubber one) it worked out to be £1200.00 which is much cheaper than the UK. Been to the states 3 times since and never seen this watch cheaper over there (always around the UK price). The only place that got close was the Duty Free shop at Sanford airport.
Girlfriend got herself a Tag too and the same thing applies to hers.
Obviously the answer is the duty free at Sanford however, it was v.expensive at MCO and Newark airports, obviously you are taking the chance that they will have the watch you want too.

And of course you declared these purchases to Her Majesty's Customs and Excise on your return to the UK didn't you ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter