Tag-along on DH's L.A. 4/12 Conference! Any Thoughts/Ideas?

LSUmom4kids

LSU Graduate and Mother to 4 Kids!
DH has a work Conference from 4/14/12 - 4/17/12 in L.A. He's not as interested in Disney as I am; he prefers golf.

Of course, while he's in his conference, one day I plan to be at DL - or should I plan for more than one day? I have about 250 Disney Chase visa reward points at the moment.

My last trip to L.A. was in 1980 for my senior trip, and although I have photos to show I went to DL, I really don't remember it, cause we also went to Knotts Berry Farm & other places.

The Disney Family Museum is also "calling me" to visit! I know San Francisco is not that close to L.A., they are both on the same coast and if possible, I'd like to make a "day trip" to get a full day at the Museum. Perhaps I fly a day or two earlier than DH and then meet him in L.A.? Amtrak might be a transportation option, but it may be cheaper and more efficient to fly to L.A. from S.F.?

DH would love to play golf at some famous golf course in San Diego (Pebble Beach), plus his "not so close" - only surviving paternal uncle lives in S.D. (I do genealogy and would LOVE to get together with them! His uncle doesn't keep in touch with us, so DH doesn't feel the need to call or see him! Sad, I know!)

We have 3 kids who would need to watched at home (16, 13 & 11) since they have school. We'll have to get relatives to stay with them while we are gone. I say this because we can't turn this trip into a long, extended vacation. We've been married 20 years and have been to Vegas twice, but that's the farthest West.

The conference can't be reserved till January, so I have time to get ideas before I'm able to make real plans and buy tickets.

Please offer any practical time & money saving suggestions if all of my ideas could possibly become reality! I may need a second job to pay for these extra travel ideas! Thank you!:goodvibes

Amtrak from SF to LA is pretty much an all day trip - I'd suggest flying.

Pebble Beach is in Monterey, closer to SF. Maybe he's thinking of Torrey Pines in La Jolla.

For DL I'd suggest a 2 or 3 day park hopper, which will come in at less than your $250 credit.

OP: do you know the location of your DH's conference? LA is a big place and you can tell us where you will be centered, it would help us make suggestions. -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter