• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tacky?

Tinkz

Earning My Ears
My dbf and I will be in Disneylan the first week in September for our anniversary. A little birdie (my ds), told me that he will be propsing one of the days in the park. So much for the surprise. In any case, if this happens, would it be tacky to wear the bride aand groom ears to celebrate the engagment or should it just be reserved for honeymooners? Thanks!

Hmmm...I don't think it's tacky, but that's me.

I've heard of lots of folks celebrating their anniversary and wearing them (even if they are visiting one of the parks on a day that isn't their actual anniversary) and I don't think THAT'S tacky.

Now, personally, I wouldn't because it just would feel weird to me to "tell the world" I'm a bride when I'm not really...but that is PURELY PERSONAL!

I say, an engagement is a WONDERFUL event, and there aren't "engagement" hats (LOL)...so why not, if that's what you want to do!

Have fun!!! :sunny: And CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I just got engaged there last week-we sooo wanted to get the wedding ears, but decided to add them to the things to look forward too after our big day.

Tinkz said:
My dbf and I will be in Disneylan the first week in September for our anniversary. A little birdie (my ds), told me that he will be propsing one of the days in the park. So much for the surprise. In any case, if this happens, would it be tacky to wear the bride aand groom ears to celebrate the engagment or should it just be reserved for honeymooners? Thanks!

If you wear them for the engagement..then they won't be special for your actual wedding celebration in the parks. I would wait.

Well we wont be @ the land for our wedding. Most likely that will be at wdw. So we probably will wear them. Thank you so much. and congratulations to problem child! :)

Maybe you could wait till you get to the park and after he asks you,,the two of you could shop around for some love related pins or some type of romantic shirts to wear. That way you'll have the memory of picking something out together after the proposal,,and then the hats will still be special on your wedding day. :flower:

I saw these pins on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disneys-MICKEY-...554553205QQcategoryZ38005QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Cast-Lan...555326277QQcategoryZ50770QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just an idea,,*smiles*. Good Luck,,:)

why don't you get the golden ears and write something pertaining to your engagement on the back of them? this way it's a nice reminder of when you got engaged and you can save the wedding ears for the wedding?

Tinkz said:

I think the ears are great for anytime after the engagement! My fiance and I bought ours off ebay for $35 (both top hat with ears & headband with sequins on ears) and they are absolutely adorable!!! We plan on wearing them to our engagement party next month and on our WDW honeymoon. GL :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter