• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tables in Wonderland

It also works at resort counter service restaurants. We stayed at POFQ in January and were happy to find the discount was good on our refillable mugs!
It's only valid at 11 CS restaurants - at the food courts at the value resorts, POFQ and SSR, WWOS Grill and 3 CS in AK.

It also works at resort counter service restaurants. We stayed at POFQ in January and were happy to find the discount was good on our refillable mugs!

Only resorts without a TS restaurant which would be POFQ, the all stars and POP Century.

BUt I think some of the the QS places in AK accept them. Tablesinwonderland.com has the complete list of participating locations.

We are going to look through every single ressie, because as DVC members many places give 10% off. SO the difference would only be 10% for those places, not 20. After the cost of TIW not sure it will be worthwhile for us.

We are going to look through every single ressie, because as DVC members many places give 10% off. SO the difference would only be 10% for those places, not 20. After the cost of TIW not sure it will be worthwhile for us.
Just remember that the DVC discount does not include alcohol whereas TIW does

Yeah I am DVC as well and AP holder and I have to tell you TiW is the way to go

you also need a picture ID. Members must be at least 21.

TIW is the way to go if you visit often (less often works if you have a large party or spend a lot), patronize TS restaurants or lounges, and order alcoholic beverages.

You don't subtract the percentage of the tip (18%) from the percentage of the discount (20%). Too many posters do that and then complain that it's only a 2% discount, which isn't the case. To calculate correctly, subtract the amount you would be paying plus tip without the discount, from the amount you would be paying plus 18% tip with the discount (as Cheshire Figment has shown above). This does assume that you intend to tip. If you don't intend to tip at all, then the complaint that there are no savings may be justified.

Many people have problems with math.

People who purchase 7-day or greater Park tickets should really consider becoming Annual Passholders. Not only can they get room discounts, but dining discounts too. These saving often beat 'free dining' and/or the way most folks use Disney Dining Plan.

Many people have problems with math.

People who purchase 7-day or greater Park tickets should really consider becoming Annual Passholders. Not only can they get room discounts, but dining discounts too. These saving often beat 'free dining' and/or the way most folks use Disney Dining Plan.

Especially if they have large parties- one person could buy an AP and a TiW and save greatly

You should do that and judge for yourself. But do be aware that the DVC benefit comes with restrictions. Often the discount is only available at lunch and some are only available during weekdays.
We are DVC members and for us TIW definitely saves us money. We often spend 5 nights at WDW followed by 5 or 6 nights at Vero Beach and TIW can be used there as well

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this description! I've recently started entertaining the idea of this for our trip and this is most helpful.

We are strongly considering Tables In Wonderland for our upcoming trip. Just noticed there are black out dates during our trip May 28-June 10. This affects 2 of our dinner reservations 1900 Park Fare and 'Ohana but I think we'll still purchase it.

Thank you for the great TIW info!! :thumbsup2

Carla

Lunch only?! I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up. We are a family of three, and other than a couple of margaritas when we eat in Mexico, we generally don't drink. And we haven't ever gone twice in one calendar year...

Some of the AP discounts are also lunch only and weekdays only. Make sure you always read the exclusions!

We've been using TIW for a few years now and it is completely worth it for DH and I as DVC Members and AP holders. We really like the signature restaurants, to have a drink in the lounges, and will often take friends and family with us. DH and I typically budget $1200 for a 9 day trip to Disney just for dining. At least $800 of that gets spent at TS restaurants and lounges, so the savings add up. Put a couple of trips together in a year and the savings is huge.

There's a terrific PDF that shows the discount comparisons of TIW, DVC, and AP.

http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

During our past, longer, onsite trips, our dining has been overwhelmingly on the "get the TIW" side. On our last trip, however, all but one fell on the "just use DVC" side. Since we don't have any other trips planned for at least a year, it didn't make sense to get the card this time.

We just got APs and the TIW during our December trip, and the one thing I loved about it was the freedom it gave. No more counting credits, keeping track of what credits we'd spent, what we needed to spend, etc. No more wasting unwanted desserts just because they were included. It was fabulous.

Does anyone know or have any experience using the TIW card and splitting the check between 2 credit cards? I know that the restrictions say the check must be paid with the credit card belonging to the owner of the TIW card, but does anyone know if the restaurants will let you split the bill amongst 2 credit cards; one belonging to the owner and one belonging to another family? Or are they pretty strict to the rules?
We are buying the card regardless for our upcoming trip in April, but just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has had any experience with this type of situation?
Thanks!

Does anyone know or have any experience using the TIW card and splitting the check between 2 credit cards? I know that the restrictions say the check must be paid with the credit card belonging to the owner of the TIW card, but does anyone know if the restaurants will let you split the bill amongst 2 credit cards; one belonging to the owner and one belonging to another family? Or are they pretty strict to the rules?
We are buying the card regardless for our upcoming trip in April, but just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has had any experience with this type of situation?
Thanks!

You can't split the check and have both get the discount. What you CAN do is have the other party get gift cards and pay using the credit card and gift card. You would just need to tell the server what amount to charge each card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter