• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tables in Wonderland

NYDisneyKid

Expedition Everest Record Holder
Quick question,,,,I know AP holder price is $75. There is no tax on that correct?

Be sure to check the expiration date on it though. I got one at the DTD Guest services this past Sept. I didn't notice until the next day that it expired just one month later on Oct 31, 2011. I had to stop in at the MK guest Services to have them print me a new one. The CM laughed and said we'd be surprised how often that happens. They expire 13 months from date of purchase and CMs sometimes just type the curent year in the expiration slot before printing.:rotfl::rotfl:

Be sure to check the expiration date on it though. I got one at the DTD Guest services this past Sept. I didn't notice until the next day that it expired just one month later on Oct 31, 2011. I had to stop in at the MK guest Services to have them print me a new one. The CM laughed and said we'd be surprised how often that happens. They expire 13 months from date of purchase and CMs sometimes just type the curent year in the expiration slot before printing.:rotfl::rotfl:

thanks for the tip

The regular AP discount is 10% at lunch at only a few restaurants. TiW gives a 20% discount at just about every restaurant for any meal and some counter service locations and includes alcoholic beverages.

The AP discounts are much narrower. Offered only at a few restaurants, within the parks it's usually only for lunch on weekdays, and alcoholic beverages are not included in the discount.

Two in-park restaurants that don't take TIW, Teppan Edo and Yak & Yeti, do have an AP discount - Teppan Edo 10% off lunch on weekdays, not including alcohol, and Yak & Yeti 10% off on entrees only.

TIW is 20% off the full bill, including alcohol, at participating restaurants. Most TS restaurants and a few CS participate.

I have to agree, totally worth it! One aspect I love is that a 18% tip is included in the end price, so I don't have to figure it out myself after a few cocktails. ;)

Two in-park restaurants that don't take TIW, Teppan Edo and Yak & Yeti, do have an AP discount - Teppan Edo 10% off lunch on weekdays, not including alcohol, and Yak & Yeti 10% off on entrees only.

I know Yak & Yeti says you get the AP discount only on entrees, but twice I've ordered the lettuce cups appetizer as my meal and have asked about getting the AP discount. Both times, I've gotten it with no problem. This was last May and again this past Sept. It may have been because I ordered them as my meal, but both the waitresses didn't even question me using the AP discount for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter