Tables in Wonderland - worth it for 2?

striveforhealth

Earning My Ears
Hi - We got our AP's in April and have been going at least once a month, and staying over a couple of times. There's just us 2 adults, not big drinkers but we do try to go to one of the nicer restaurants each trip. Is Tables in Wonderland worth it? Thanks!

We're just 2 and don't drink often.
We always get it, but we stay for a long time.

Will you spend $500 at eligible restaurants within the 13 months that the card is valid?

We love our TIW. We had saved equal or more than the cost of the card in 2 TS meals and 2 CS (AOA) for 4, I would say that with 2 people, it depends on whether you eat TS. It would likely take 4-5 TS meals minimum to have the savings equal out. We are AP and go about once a month, and generally we eat at least 1 TS meal when there, sometimes more than one, so for us, even if the kids weren't with us it would still be worth it.

If you are going to purchase enough eligible food and beverages to realize savings, then yes, it is well worth it. If you won't, it's pretty much a waste to get it.

We are also thinking of doing TIW. Could you please explain 13 months? You get an extra month?

I purchased mine on June 7, 2014 and it expires on July 31, 2015.

Let's work the math.

If you take 1 trip a month for 13 months and on each trip you eat a TS meal. If the bill for 2 comes to $50 each time (low for WDW, but easy number to work with) and you generally tip 18% ($7.50 on $50 bill) then your total food cost for these meals would be $747.50 ($57.50 X 13).

With TIW your breakdown on the same meals would be:

$50 bill - 20% TIW discount ($10), then add automatic 18% gratuity ($7.20) for a total bill of $47.20. Multiplied times 13 trips and you have $613.60. Add the $100 TIW card cost and your final total is $713.60.

A total savings of $33.90.

Plus, you have the added benefit of being able to take friends and/or family and get the same discount for them. Just remember, the person whose name is on the card has to be the person who pays. No split checks.

Let's work the math.

If you take 1 trip a month for 13 months and on each trip you eat a TS meal. If the bill for 2 comes to $50 each time (low for WDW, but easy number to work with) and you generally tip 18% ($7.50 on $50 bill) then your total food cost for these meals would be $747.50 ($57.50 X 13).

With TIW your breakdown on the same meals would be:

$50 bill - 20% TIW discount ($10), then add automatic 18% gratuity ($7.20) for a total bill of $47.20. Multiplied times 13 trips and you have $613.60. Add the $100 TIW card cost and your final total is $713.60.

A total savings of $33.90.

Plus, you have the added benefit of being able to take friends and/or family and get the same discount for them. Just remember, the person whose name is on the card has to be the person who pays. No split checks.

With TIW, an 18% tip is automatically added to the pre-discounted amount of the bill. So in your example, the tip would still be $7.50 which brings the savings down to $30. (I realize it's not a big difference but it can add up). The TAX is added after the discount so there's additional savings there.

DH & I definitely save with the TIW but we use it for drinks too...we like to have a nightcap in the evenings and the discount can be used in the lounges. We used it with some family meals last weekend and the savings really added up.

It's just DH, myself, and our 2 year old DD. We have two trips planned this year that are 8-9 days each and one shorter trip. We do 1 sit down dinner every day, and 2-3 sit down lunches each trip.

Our card easily paid for itself during our first trip. Any additional trips are just savings. Definitely worth it for us. We always tip 18-20%, so that's not a big deal to us.

Also, the card expires the last day of the month, 13 months from when you purchase it (we bought ours early Jan 2014. It expires Feb 28, 2015)

We are also thinking of doing TIW. Could you please explain 13 months? You get an extra month?

More than 13 months, actually. The card it good through the end of the 13th month. So, if you buy it on June 1st, it would be good for 14 months; through July 31st of the next year. Of course, if you purchase it on June 30th, it's also good through July 31st, so only 13 months.

The tip is added after the discount so there's additional savings there.

Tip is calculated on the NON-DISCOUNTED price. Tax is calculated on the discounted price.

Tip is calculated on the NON-DISCOUNTED price. Tax is calculated on the discounted price.

You're right...I was thinking tax and even double checked before I posted but I typed tip by mistake. Thanks!! I corrected my original post.

I also wanted to mention that if you use valet at a resort where you dine using the TIW card, you don't have to pay the valet fee.

Another thing, if you are staying in a value resort, you can use TIW in the food court. No tip required. We even got a discount on the drink mug. :cool1:

Another thing, if you are staying in a value resort, you can use TIW in the food court. No tip required. We even got a discount on the drink mug. :cool1:

Yep.

AS Sports, Music, and Movies, plus AOA, and Pop.

Other counter/quick service places with the TIW discount are:

POFQ's Sassagoula, SSR's Artist's Palette (or whatever it's called), and Animal Kingdom PARK's Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, and Restaurantosaurus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter