• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tables in Wonderland price goes up $50/yr

I think currently the only locals they want are the upper crust - typically older who live in Florida to evade taxes and for tanning purposes...with either younger extended families to spoil or a heavy consumption lifestyle...Lilly Pulitzer and tommy Bahama - pun intended.

When things go south...and they are guaranteed to...they'll crawl back to the rest of you.

There are no signs of things going south for Disney. They are doing better than ever.

There are no signs of things going south for Disney. They are doing better than ever.

I meant the economy...

Disney is tied to it like anything else..maybe moreso.

We've talked about this around here a lot. The next crash will hit them probably worse...more than the tech or the real estate bubbles.

The number of consumers that could potentially support Disney's prices has fallen dramatically...which could be why they're trying to get rid of them now.

But I dont trust that gambit. Disney parks are still a middle class enterprise because of what they are.

They can charge what they want...but they don't provide upper crust quality or service and it has steadily gotten WORSE for 20 years. I know from the trenches.

You don't drink alcohol, I am guessing that you don't do a lot of shopping either, I think you just gave Disney part of what they were going for with this change.

See I think the guts of the situation is not dumping the tiw...which they want to push people to the dining plan...as has been the case with every single dining move since 2005. That's simple Freudian economics.

But the AP drop...is the guts here. I saw someone yesterday say "they sure are planning to sell a lot of APs!!!"...
Because of the stupidly of digital photos.

...only to people who are either new to wdw or have never looked at the prices before...because the prices are crossing the "good deal" threshold. Let's see if anyone notices.

Just like direct DVC sales for the last few years. You have to be willing to get pantsed.

Last edited:
I used to have it,but didn't renew.. Tried using it at Lecelier and it was during a black out time that I knew nothing about (when I made my DDR, they should have stated it)...another example of the ongoing price gouging...

Our TiW card is good until the end of July 2016. At that point I will probably go ahead and buy a new card. Even at at $750 break-even point we easily spend more than that over the course of the 13+ months the card is good for.

Tables in Wonderland is STILL a great deal for my family even with the $50 increase! It all depends on how many table service meals you are going to schedule on your trip!

Our TiW card is good until the end of July 2016. At that point I will probably go ahead and buy a new card. Even at at $750 break-even point we easily spend more than that over the course of the 13+ months the card is good for.

Based on what I've noticed about you...I think even you'll agree that you're more of an outlier

I think even you'll agree that you're more of an outlier
I may not be the "typical" TiW customer, but then again maybe I am. Consider that its available for FL residents as well as AP/DVC owners. I have no idea how that skews the demographic.

Tables in Wonderland is STILL a great deal for my family even with the $50 increase! It all depends on how many table service meals you are going to schedule on your trip!

Agreed. We did the math Sunday after it was announced, and for our upcoming trip it is still well worth it.

See I think the guts of the situation is not dumping the tiw...which they want to push people to the dining plan...as has been the case with every single dining move since 2005. That's simple Freudian economics.
Not seeing how this can be the case for those with an AP, DVC members or Florida residents. Hardly any of them are even eligible for the dining plan.

So the value of this depends on how much you eat? We don't eat much so it is definitely pointless for us. Of course we could eat more and maybe that's the idea. :)

So the value of this depends on how much you eat? We don't eat much so it is definitely pointless for us. Of course we could eat more and maybe that's the idea. :)

Of course the value of it depends on how much you eat, and also on where you eat and how much it costs. For our family, we eat TS dinner every night, drink alcohol, and eat pretty good size meals including at least appetizer and entree and sometimes dessert. That means that our meals are expensive so we hit the 750 break even point pretty quickly. if you are mainly eating QS, don't drink alcohol, have a smaller number of people, only eat an entree, the math is going to be completely different.

Not seeing how this can be the case for those with an AP, DVC members or Florida residents. Hardly any of them are even eligible for the dining plan.

DVC are eligible...annual passholders comprise a large chunk of hotel bookings...making them eligible. And Florida residents typically don't stay long enough to market the Dining plan them...

So the point is?

I may not be the "typical" TiW customer, but then again maybe I am. Consider that its available for FL residents as well as AP/DVC owners. I have no idea how that skews the demographic.

Because it appears you've spent about $50,000 in up front DVC points...when they were "cheap"...and spend a month plus a year in a Disney hotel. That's my perception.

I think you're a diehard...like me in many ways but more extreme...but that puts you in a category where you're far more likely to pay whatever the cost...

It's not an insult...it's the whole picture,no?

Here's the sure tiebreaker: how
Many Disney cruises have you been on?

Essentially yes. If your party is large enough (6+ people) and you are in WDW for 10+ days it could still pay off. But I don't see how anyone can argue it's nearly as good a deal as it was a few days ago.

Personally I'm at the point where I think I'd just stop doing Table Service meals. I'm not going to increase the amount I eat just to try and justify a card.

Essentially yes. If your party is large enough (6+ people) and you are in WDW for 10+ days it could still pay off. But I don't see how anyone can argue it's nearly as good a deal as it was a few days ago.

Personally I'm at the point where I think I'd just stop doing Table Service meals. I'm not going to increase the amount I eat just to try and justify a card.

The TS meals are one of our favorite parts of vacation, and we wouldn't stop doing them regardless of discounts so for us any discount is better than no discount. With attendance and things being the way they are, I am kind of surprised that they didn't do away with this entirely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter