Tables in wonderland card

Ugh this totally messes up my plans... unless..

We will be off site for 2 nights going to Universal. However one of those days we wil be in DTD. Can I purchase it while at DTD even though we don't check into our DVC resort until two days later?

You can purchase the TiW card at either of the two Guest Relations locations at DTD. One location is next to the now closed Team Mickey (behind Ghirardelli) in the Marketplace, the other is on the West Side at DisneyQuest.

You can purchase the TiW card at either of the two Guest Relations locations at DTD. One location is next to the now closed Team Mickey (behind Ghirardelli) in the Marketplace, the other is on the West Side at DisneyQuest.

great so I don't have to actually be checked in at our resort? I can purchase it before our official check in date?

They don't care if you are staying at a hotel but you do need to show your DVC membership card and photo Id or your Florida id if you live there.

DDP dumped for TIW in 2009 and we haven't looked back! Saved way more $$ than dining plan and no more paying OOP for apps or forced to eat dessert!

Exactly us too...but last time we used DP was 2008. I really loved the DP of 2005 (when apps and tips were included and it was like $37pp). But TIW is the way to go now.

I have question...just booked Luau online and had to pay in full. If I remember correctly, they will credit me back the 20% from TIW when we check in for the Luau...right? Booked the 8:15 Luau for Aug trip.

I love the TiWc and we've been getting since it was called the DDE.

I am however bummed that they've removed V&As from the list. I asked Israel (the Matre De at V&As) and he told me that it wasn't the restaurants idea and they'd prefer to stay on the plan.

I'm thinking we are going to go ahead and get the TIW card since we've become AP holders.. so no free dining perks anymore.

Do you have to carry the card to the restaurant or is it attached to your magicband? and if it is on the magicband do you have to tell them you are using the TIW at each meal or will it automatically be deducted when you pay at the restaurant?

I'm thinking we are going to go ahead and get the TIW card since we've become AP holders.. so no free dining perks anymore.

Do you have to carry the card to the restaurant or is it attached to your magicband? and if it is on the magicband do you have to tell them you are using the TIW at each meal or will it automatically be deducted when you pay at the restaurant?

Currently you have to carry the card. And name on CC has to match name on TIW card.

To receive any discount at WDW, you need to show proof of discount (AP Card/AP Discount Card/TiW Card/DVC Member Card/etc.) and a Photo ID.

You can pay by room charge or any other method of payment accepted at the restaurant. If you pay by CC, as lovin'fl noted, the name on the CC must match the TiW card.

To receive any discount at WDW, you need to show proof of discount (AP Card/AP Discount Card/TiW Card/DVC Member Card/etc.) and a Photo ID.

For the TiW discount, you must as lovin'fl noted, use a CC with the same name as the TiW Card.

yuck... so I'm assuming this means you have to carry the credit card as well and cannot room charge it?

yuck... so I'm assuming this means you have to carry the credit card as well and cannot room charge it?

Good question...now with MBs. We last went in Dec and we just used our CC at meals (instead of MBs)...the servers never asked us if we wanted to use our MBs to pay.

I have concerns that Disney has started down the path of ultimately rendering the TIW card valueless like it has done with discount programs before. Only a few years ago, AP owners could get it for $50, then it went to $75 and 2013 to $100. Moreover, Disney is adding new restrictions effective Aug 2014, removing Victoria's and Albert's and designating a lot of new no use days for certain popular restaurants, Chef Mickey's, O"Hana's, Park Fare, Cinderellas Table, Akerhus and Le Cellier. I sense an old Disney pattern has begun and we will see more and more restrictions each year while the price continues to rise, with the result that it will become a discount in name only in the not too distant future.

I have to agree. We've used TIW before and for our dining habits, we didn't see a huge benefit for our family of four. I think if they are going to slowly start chipping away at the TS restaurants, they should at least be adding more CS options.

You can pay by room charge or any other payment method accepted at the restaurant. If you pay by CC, the name on the CC must match the TiW card.

You can pay by room charge or any other payment method accepted at the restaurant. If you pay by CC, the name on the CC must match the TiW card.

Exactly. And they "might" ask you for ID.

We've had every scenario possible while using our TIW card. We've had servers be real rule enforcers and ask for ID, making sure the name matches the cards, etc. We've had servers accept any card, never checking ID.

But those are the rules, so just be prepared for it.

Anyone know why DVC members can't purchase TIW over the phone? And am I correct that you can only get it in a theme park? So if you don't go to a park on your arrival day but eat at a TS restaurant at your resort that night, you're just out of luck?

Still debating if we should get TIW or just use our DVC discount. With 6 people for 3 nights and 8 people for 4 nights, I think TIW will benefit us, but at the majority of restaurants where we're eating, we'd already get the DVC discount, so I need to crunch some numbers.

Anyone know why DVC members can't purchase TIW over the phone? And am I correct that you can only get it in a theme park? So if you don't go to a park on your arrival day but eat at a TS restaurant at your resort that night, you're just out of luck? Still debating if we should get TIW or just use our DVC discount. With 6 people for 3 nights and 8 people for 4 nights, I think TIW will benefit us, but at the majority of restaurants where we're eating, we'd already get the DVC discount, so I need to crunch some numbers.

You can also purchase at DTD.

Anyone know why DVC members can't purchase TIW over the phone? And am I correct that you can only get it in a theme park? So if you don't go to a park on your arrival day but eat at a TS restaurant at your resort that night, you're just out of luck?

Still debating if we should get TIW or just use our DVC discount. With 6 people for 3 nights and 8 people for 4 nights, I think TIW will benefit us, but at the majority of restaurants where we're eating, we'd already get the DVC discount, so I need to crunch some numbers.

As other poster mentioned you can go to Downtown Disney to get TIW card. It's because they have no way to verify you are DVC member over the phone (they are not allowed to go into your DVC account). If you have an AP/PAP, you can purchase over the phone and that's what I did in Dec (since we weren't going into parks before our 1st TS meal and our schedule was too tight to allow for a run to Downtown Disney). Also, I think you can get TIW card before entering park at the CS window.

I am assuming Disney gift cards are OK? I bought a bunch at Target in lieu of the dining plan (in my mind I've paid for meals already LOL). I was going to take a few a day to pay for the meals with the TIW.
Daisyx3

Yes, payment method is separate from the discount card, which in this case is the TiW card. I do the same thing (with in my mind it's paid)...lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter