Table to ourselves?

Thumper99

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if we can request before we leave that we’d like to have a dining table by ourselves? (I have hearing difficulties so it’s hard for me to communicate with others in restaurants and especially if people have an accent that I’m not familiar with. I don’t want to be rude so I’d prefer we had a table by ourselves. We are just two and have second seating right now though we are waitlisted. I’m pretty sure we can try an ask after we get on board but wondering if you can request in advance? Should I call DCL and ask?

Thank you!!

We've had a table to ourselves for the past 10 cruises and we're a party of 5 (both first & second seatings). As PP said, just call DCL and put in your request.

Does anyone know if we can request before we leave that we’d like to have a dining table by ourselves? (I have hearing difficulties so it’s hard for me to communicate with others in restaurants and especially if people have an accent that I’m not familiar with. I don’t want to be rude so I’d prefer we had a table by ourselves. We are just two and have second seating right now though we are waitlisted. I’m pretty sure we can try an ask after we get on board but wondering if you can request in advance? Should I call DCL and ask?

Thank you!!
As noted, you just call DCL and have the request added to your reservation. If you used a TA to make your reservation, they need to make the call.

One thing I'll point out - the dining rooms are ALL pretty noisy. Having your own table may (or may not) make a difference.

To add to what others have said, once you board, go check with the head servers if your request was met. If it was not, you have a better chance to get a private table by asking them then rather than wait for the first dinner. I always go to the designated place - either Enchanted Garden on Dream/Fantasy or a lounge on Wonder/Magic - to make sure we have our own table.

I am cruising 11/2 on the Fantasy, and called last week about this. They said they’d be happy to add the request to our reservation.

To add to what others have said, once you board, go check with the head servers if your request was met. If it was not, you have a better chance to get a private table by asking them then rather than wait for the first dinner. I always go to the designated place - either Enchanted Garden on Dream/Fantasy or a lounge on Wonder/Magic - to make sure we have our own table.

We do the same. For our cruise last month we were surprised to be told we had been assigned to a table for 6. They were able to change us to our previously requested table for two.

We are just two and have second seating right now though we are waitlisted.
Out of curiosity, what is more important to you? First seating or having your own table? With a party of 4 you'd have a great chance of sitting by yourself even if you didn't request it. A party of two (on the average) has a better chance of getting a private table at the second seating.

Thank you everyone!! I will give DCL a call to put in the request!!

Rob. I think the privacy would be more important to us than late vs main dining. We no longer have to worry about kids eating earlier since it’s just a couple’s trip for us ( not that we’d have to anyway since they are in college! Lol)

I appreciate everyone’s answers and I’ll make the request and then check with the head server when we get on board!!

My DH also has hearing issues and often requests a table along the wall or, preferably, a corner of the dining room. He tells them why. It is still just a request but if they know why, might raise the priority.

My husband and I sailed last year to Bermuda and although we did not request a table for ourselves, we received one .. the only awkward part was that each night we were seated at a table set for 6, however they confirmed that no on else would be dining with us during the trip (as we thought maybe the first night they were at Palo) ... I can't say that I loved it ... therefore, if requesting a table for two, I would also ask that the table only accommodate two.

My husband and I sailed last year to Bermuda and although we did not request a table for ourselves, we received one .. the only awkward part was that each night we were seated at a table set for 6, however they confirmed that no on else would be dining with us during the trip (as we thought maybe the first night they were at Palo) ... I can't say that I loved it ... therefore, if requesting a table for two, I would also ask that the table only accommodate two.

The smallest table they have in the dining room is for 4.

My DH also has hearing issues and often requests a table along the wall or, preferably, a corner of the dining room. He tells them why. It is still just a request but if they know why, might raise the priority.
Oh thank you for this! I always choose to sit with my back to a wall of possible because it does help! My hearing aides also have a different setting to help in restaurants. Thank you!!

I wouldn't be that picky when it's a favor for them to just provide a private table at all.

Last edited:
You may also be able to make a change once you are on board. We were on the Fantasy last year. We went to AP for lunch on embarkation day and were seated at a table in a corner outside of the bus station with an aisle behind and on one side of the table. The noise wasn't so bad, but everyone that walked by either bumped the table, or one of us. When we returned for dinner that evening, we were directed to the same table. We spoke to our head server and asked to be moved, and told him why. He apologized for the earlier issue and moved us to another available table. He stopped by our table, in every restaurant, to see how we were doing. See where you are assigned and make a request if necessary.

Thank you!!

I requested a private table on my last cruise ahead of time, then confirmed it with the head server when I first arrived and had no problems. I don't mind being on the boat, by the pool, at cabana's, etc. with others, but just prefer dining alone if not with family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter