Table Service for Little Kids - Suggestions Needed

Gabby&Liv's Mommy

Mouseketeer
I could use some suggestions. We will be at DW with DD2 and DD4 in Dec 2006. We visted twice in 2005 and seemed to find two types of places: fast food or hour long (or more) table service. Unless there are characters involved, my kids don't have the patience to sit for an hour or more for dinner. Are there any middle of the road places? Kid friendly table service that gets you out within 30 min? Looking for suggestions at MK and MGM.

Thanks!
Laurel

Usually TS last for an hour. In MGM your kids may like the new character meal with the Einstein's and JOJO etc. In MGM, there is the SCI FI restaurant where you sit in a car and eat and watch B rated movie clips on the big screen. Your kids may enjoy that. My DS's liked it but didn't get the concept because in Michigan we no longer have drive in's in our area. In MK the only TS we have used and liked is the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. We have eaten in the castle. That was a dream come true for me. I don't think I could "drag" by DS's there again.

I know this may not be a big help, but you never know. Enjoy your trip!! :banana:

I just wanted to suggest... In MK, Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays. We ate at both of these counter service restaurants, and they seemed to have more than just burgers. DH & I really enjoyed them. They were fast and loud for DDs and everyone liked the food.

I would try Whispering Canyon. They have all kinds of activities going on, such as the horse races. I think your kids will be entertained here. You can get the family style dinner and that might speed things up. But on average most sit down restaurants are going to be an hour.
You also might consider Ohanas, LTT & Cindy's as it is the same type of family style restaurant.
Coral Reef would have the aquirium but wont be a quick meal. San Angel Inn has a river next to it with boats going by. Perhaps Mitsokoshi Teppanyaki as they cook at your table.

You could also, just have dinner, skip appetizer, dessert, order dinner, and let the server know you need to be in and out asap before the kids get to restless. If you really want dessert, ask for it to go, if you are taking the kids back to the room to tuck them in for the night.

1900 Park Fare dinner buffet with Cindy, Suzy and Pearla. I love a place where I can get my own food when I am ready. (Now if I could get rid of all the other people who use the spoons!)

I have DD4 and DS5 . These are the places they like to eat.

Any character meal.
Sci fi at MGM
50'S prime time at MGM
Rainforest cafe
Whispering canyon cafe
Planet hollywood
Ohanas
Raglan road

Whispering Canyon and Ohana both have activities for kids going on. Whispering Canyon gets loud, so no one really notices if the kids get noisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter