Table service attire?

ekleiber

Earning My Ears
Do people just wear casual park clothes to character and table service dining restaurants?

Yes. Jiko has one too, but no terribly strict at all. We were comfortable both physically and socially in park casual at all our character meals and TS (cinderella, akershus, garden g rill, coral reef, chef Mickey, Tony's, Boma, hollywood and vine, 50’s prime time, Tusker house, Whispering Canyon). I think if you got drenched in a downpour, you might feel a little less than glamorous, but I imagine other diners would be in the same boat!

I think I've seen some posts about people thinking other patrons weren't fancy enough at Cali Grill and Hollywood Brown Derby, but I'm pretty sure it was one person's preference and not actual dress code.

At the signatures, they recommend you spruce up your park attire to look more business casual or preppy, at least. So, no crazy print T-shirts or jean shorts or flip-flops or tanks. Don't look like you're coming from the beach at the likes of the California Grill or Artist Point, ect.

I wear dress shorts or khaki style shorts or cargo shorts and a polo style collared untucked shirt. I still wear sneakers.

So, you don't need to go crazy at the signatures dressing up, but just more presentable and neater. And it should be pointed out that even though there is a dress code guideline that Disney asks it's patrons to adhere to there, there are always guests who don't abide by it at the signatures and Disney still lets them in.

But I can only speak for myself that I feel better about myself at places like Jiko and Monsieur Paul if I am dressed a bit nicer and it is a sign of respect to the people who run the restaurant as well, especially the French signature restaurant where the waiters are in kind of suit like tuxedo outfits as I recall.

At the signatures, they recommend you spruce up your park attire to look more business casual or preppy, at least. So, no crazy print T-shirts or jean shorts or flip-flops or tanks. Don't look like you're coming from the beach at the likes of the California Grill or Artist Point, ect.

I wear dress shorts or khaki style shorts or cargo shorts and a polo style collared untucked shirt. I still wear sneakers.

So, you don't need to go crazy at the signatures dressing up, but just more presentable and neater. And it should be pointed out that even though there is a dress code guideline that Disney asks it's patrons to adhere to there, there are always guests who don't abide by it at the signatures and Disney still lets them in.

But I can only speak for myself that I feel better about myself at places like Jiko and Monsieur Paul if I am dressed a bit nicer and it is a sign of respect to the people who run the restaurant as well, especially the French signature restaurant where the waiters are in kind of suit like tuxedo outfits as I recall.

Casual park attire is fine at all of the in park and resort 1 TS restaurants.
At Signature 2 TS credit restaurants there is a "business casual" dress code. I agree with this above completely.
We always head back and freshen up for our Signature dinners. They are more upscale, expensive restaurants and we both feel better and think it is appropriate to be a bit more dressed up. I wear linen capris, a nice blouse and nice sandals. DH and DS wear dress shorts and collared polo shirts.
But as noted above, you will see those who do not adhere to the requested dress code and they are usually allowed in.
Enjoy

For TS dinners I generally try to wear a Nike or UA polo and khaki shorts. (If rather wear a moisture wicking polo than a cotton tshirt on a hot day anyway) For character breakfasts I may have a t-shirt.

At character and 1 credit Table Service restaurants park attire is fine.

The signature restaurants at the resorts have a suggested dress code, but it is at your discretion. You'll seediners wearing clothes ranging from evening party attire to straight from the park. As long as you avoid the "Not Permitted" items you'll be fine, but we've noticed that even these items are frequently allowed. Jiko is the only signature where I remember seeing the dress code posted by the door, so perhaps they are more likely to enforce the "Not Permitted" apparel. :confused3 Tank tops refers to men. Here's the dress code that you'll find for the signatures:

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Women may wear capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.

Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics.

Victoria and Albert is the only restaurant that has its own dress code that is strictly enforced.

My opinion is avoid the not permitted list a d dress however makes you feel comfortable and not worry about what others think. It's none of their business anyway.

We felt perfectly fine in our reasonable theme park attire (shorts, tees, jeans, yoga pants, etc) at "signature" restaurants and found most people dressed similarly. Those that dressed up were nice, but certainly the small minority.

I am one to usually dress up for things (I wear a suit to work even though not required) but I was not willing to take that much time away from the parks to dress for dinner nor was I willing to go back to the change back.

For example, we dined at 9:30 pm At Narcoossees and then took the boat to MK our first night for MSEP and EMH. We would have missed that had we gone back to change and we were staying at GF. It would have been equally silly to dress for Le Cellier on our Epcot day, particularly since it poured rain. No one was made to feel under dressed and we all looked similar. Same thing at Citricos

I find it more than a bit silly to even have a "suggested" dress code when your main business is theme parks. No dress codes were even remotely enforced or discussed. Don't wear weird stuff (that you shouldn't wear anywhere) and you'll be fine.

We try to wear something nice to the signatures. I usually wear a dress, and I dress my little boy in khakis and a nice shirt with a collar (and no characters).

Getting my daughter dressed usually involves having her wear a dress as well, which can take a tiny bit of negotiation (she is getting better as she gets older and likes to dress up more).

My husband.... usually khaki pants and a nice button down shirt and leather shoes. So things we can go out and back to the parks in after and still have a good time.

I just always think church clothes. But we have started visiting a church that everyone wears jeans at, so I'm not sure that fits anymore! LOL

We try to wear something nice to the signatures. I usually wear a dress, and I dress my little boy in khakis and a nice shirt with a collar (and no characters).

Getting my daughter dressed usually involves having her wear a dress as well, which can take a tiny bit of negotiation (she is getting better as she gets older and likes to dress up more).

My husband.... usually khaki pants and a nice button down shirt and leather shoes. So things we can go out and back to the parks in after and still have a good time.

I just always think church clothes. But we have started visiting a church that everyone wears jeans at, so I'm not sure that fits anymore! LOL

Thanks for saying this. I don't know why some who seem to be in the anti-dressing up camp are using the excuse that they don't want to go back to their resort and change, as if there were no middle ground of park attire that was suitable for the signatures AND comfortable for enjoying the parks and going on rides.

I mean, on all the signature's web pages on the Disney sites, it lists the guidelines on how to dress. To me, I interpreted that as "rules" and would have never thought of going against what Disney said were the guidelines. I think it is very unfortunate that guests, knowing what Disney says is the dresscode, still do what they want anyway. And even more unfortunate are those who think - 'Well, I've seen other people ignore the rules, so I guess I will too'.

As various authority figures used to say from my generation while I was growing up, "If one of your friends was jumping out the window, would you do it too?"

The problem is that as we see all the time from Disney, they almost NEVER enforce their own rules and let rulebreakers get away with stuff all the time.

No dress code for any park TS.

Resort TS with dress codes:
Artist Point
California Grill
Citricos
Flying Fish Cafe
Jiko-The Cooking Place
Narcoossee's
Victoria & Albert's
Yachtsman Steakhouse

I can't imagine they turn anyone away, but you never know. The only one I might feel really out of place if I didn't make some kind of effort is Victoria & Albert's. Since I've gotten up there in age though, I'm generally covered for most of these restaurants.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter