Table Service at Hollywood Studios

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Hi,

There aren't a ton of table service options at Hollywood Studios, but any suggestions for dinner (1 ticket only)? As a note, our kids, who will be 9 and 5, are picky but do like standard kid food - and I am limited as I don't eat meat or chicken (but do eat fish).

I've never been to Mama Melrose but I would vote for Sci-Fi Dine In (I just think it's fun and funky and the food is decent) but my 10 yo dd would probably say 50's Prime Time - for some reason she loves that place. Both are fun and IMHO have good food. 50s has salmon and a vegetarian entree and Sci-Fi has a salmon sandwich, veggie burger and I think another veg entree. Both have solid kid menus. I think you'll be happy with either choice!

We like mama melrose. The food is good and my kids 5 and 3 always find something to eat. They also do a Fantasma package. Hollywood and Vine is good to and it has characters however it's a buffet.

I assume by 1 ticket you mean 1 table service credit on the DDP? I'm going to go against popular opinion and say Hollywood and Vine. We just ate there last week for the Fantasmic Dinner package because Mama Melrose wasn't available for the time we wanted. We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was because of the things we've read here over the years. Tons of selection, and we found the food to be much better than other popular buffets like Chef Mickey's and Park Fare.

If you're using a dining credit anyways and don't mind the slight increase in the cost of the tip compared to the possibly cheaper other DHS table service options, I would choose Hollywood & Vine.

I took my niece and nephew to 50s Prime Time cafe - it had food they would eat and it was a lot of fun for them to interact with the staff. They even got my nephew to beieve he was eating the best greens he had ever had! LOL

Love love loved Sci-fi. They offer an experience for the whole family that you can't get anywhere else. Experience it yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have looked at the Sci Fi, but I'm not a fan of sitting and watching tv / movies during our family time.
50s prime Time looks good and have heard good things, but now am wondering if its a waste of table service credit.

Does Hollywood & Vine work well with the Fantasmic package? If so, what is a good time to book? We don't mind a buffet for dinner, but just checking there are lots of non meat items?

Which is better...Mama Rose or Hollywood & Vine?

Thank you for the suggestions. I have looked at the Sci Fi, but I'm not a fan of sitting and watching tv / movies during our family time.
50s prime Time looks good and have heard good things, but now am wondering if its a waste of table service credit.

Does Hollywood & Vine work well with the Fantasmic package? If so, what is a good time to book? We don't mind a buffet for dinner, but just checking there are lots of non meat items?

Which is better...Mama Rose or Hollywood & Vine?

If you are doing the Fantasmic package I would recommend Mama Melrose, because you get an appetizer with the package, even if you have the basic DDP (which is what I'm assuming).

As for times, the F! dinner times are basically set so you will be finished in plenty of time for the show. I believe the latest dinner reservation for the package is usually around 5pm.

we have always done H & V for the fantasmic pkg...but this time we are going to try Mama Melrose...have no idea why the majority of our group wanted to try this one..
Hollywood and Vine have so many selections for anyone ...kids, vegetarians and even some of the group that was on W W's....
I liked the choices..

Have a good time planning

I would check the menus of the different locations and decide what your kids might like. We have been to all of the 1 credit TS at Hollywood, we like them all for different reasons. Just depends on what your children like and what you like for where to go. We like to rotate around so we don't usually have one we do every time we just go to them all depending on the trip and what we are in the mood for that trip.

I do not feel there are any bad choices but I am not sure what your children like to eat. My one daughter is really picky so I go through all the menus before we go and if there is not an option she will eat (pasta is her only food she will eat lately) then I don't book it!

Good luck!! :goodvibes

We enjoyed 50s Prime Time Café on our first trip. We were ready for some home cooking after so many days of rich food. It is kind of a waste of a dining plan credit because it is such an inexpensive (by Disney standards) sit down meal. The milkshakes were a big plus!

Sci Fi and Mama Melrose are our favorites.The theming at Sci Fi is really cool. We like the food at Mama Melrose too. We've never had a bad meal there. My only complain about Mama Melrose is that we always have to wait about 20-25 minutes past our ADR time before they seat us (and this was during the off season too).

:) I am glad someone mentioned those milkshakes....best on property.

We haven't done H&V so I'll leave that out of my comments. We like Mama Melrose but the food isn't anything special. Same with 50's Prime Time. They are both fun and the food is good but not great. Unfortunately, as much as we love the experience at the Sci-Fi, we think the food is pretty bad there. If you haven't done any of them before I would try:

1) Sci-Fi
2) 50's PT
3) Mama Melrose

If you search the boards Sci Fi has some of the most complaints of any of the restaurants, but it is just such a cool experience that it can still be worth a credit.

I will, every time, no matter what, eat at 50's Prime Time Café over any other table service in DHS.

Good food, fun atmosphere, best milkshake I've ever had.

After that, I would say Hollywood Brown Derby, Hollywood and Vine, Mama Melrose's, and finally Sci-Fi Dine-In.

My kids are picky, but they like things like pizza, pasta, chicken fingers...typical kid food.

The Hollywood & Vine menu is vague as it's buffet, but having said that, it looks ilke it has quite a good selection. Anyone know what kind of foods
they offer in the 'children's selection' section?

Mama Rose looks good for my husband and kids, but I'm actually not thrilled with the menu as any fish/seafood is spicy.

For 50 Prime, the desserts look yummy. My kids and husband would enjoy. Limited for me unles they can remove the bcon from the salmon. Gosh, maybe I'm the picky one.

Sci Fi - One more question...I just want to confirm, that this isn't good for family time i.e. you sit and watch tv/movie while eating? The menu looks ok here.

My kids are picky, but they like things like pizza, pasta, chicken fingers...typical kid food.

The Hollywood & Vine menu is vague as it's buffet, but having said that, it looks ilke it has quite a good selection. Anyone know what kind of foods

Mama Rose looks good for my husband and kids, but I'm actually not thrilled with the menu as any fish/seafood is spicy.

For 50 Prime, the desserts look yummy. My kids and husband would enjoy. Limited for me unles they can remove the bcon from the salmon. Gosh, maybe I'm the picky one.

Sci Fi - One more question...I just want to confirm, that this isn't good for family time i.e. you sit and watch tv/movie while eating? The menu looks ok here.

There are tvs at PTC too.
They run a loop of clips from shows of the fifties ie Leave it to Beaver, Spin and Marty, I married Joan.
Sci/Fi does the same with clips from monster movies while you sit in a car.
Picking a restaurant is always a personal decision, not something strangers can pick for you. But I'd pick PTC, and have, every time.

Yes, at Sci Fi, if you're four people, you'll sit in two "seats". These are like car bench seats and you'll be sitting with two people in front and two people behind them, everyone facing forward to the big screen.

BTW--We LOVED Mama Melrose. My DS13 has said it was his favorite meal in all of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter