• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Table Service 8/25 to 8/31

NJRRK

DIS Veteran
We were in the world from 8/25 through 9/1, I decided to review the table service restaurants we ate at. (Free dining 8/26 to 9/1).

First let me tell you about us 2 adults, me and DW and two teenagers, DD 17 and DS 13, from NJ first trip to WDW in 11 years. We stayed at the CR in a Garden View room with a great view of Bay Lake.

Sat. - Dinner at Hoop-dee-doo 7:15 show. We enjoyed this show, it's as corny as ever, but enjoyable. The food was good, DD scoffed down the ribs like there was a famine coming. The chicken was good, hot, crispy, no complaints. Dessert - I don't know what they've done to the dessert, but I remember it being much better years ago I think this was the lowest part of the food for the meal. Our server was acceptable, didn't go out of her way to be friendly, wasn't rude, was adequate, not outstanding in anyway.

Sun. - Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner. We all enjoyed the food, plenty of it and the waiter was very attentive very good. Characters came around more than once, we were seated promptly and the waiter kept our drinks and food plates full. We had plenty to eat, and believe me if DS had enough to eat he had plenty!

Mon. - Rose & Crown -The food was good, I've been here in the past, I missed some of the offerings they used to have on the menu. We had 7:30 ressies, when we were seated, outside, right by the lagoon, the waitress asked if we had planned on staying for Illuminations, when we told her yes, she said she would strech our meal our for us then. The food was good, the desserts were extra good here and the view of Illuminations was PERFECT.

Tues. - Sci-Fi - Food was unextraordinary, atmosphere and server were great. Nothing food-wise to complain about, we will go back, but mostly for the atmosphere, not the food.

Wed. - Biergarten - I had sauerbraten and beer, how could life be better :goodvibes We all enjoyed this place, I always have. Good food, good service, no complaints.

That got us through most of the week. Unextraordinary food, good service and a good time.

Now, for Thursday and Friday hoo boy!!

Thursday - we had cancelled our dinner reservations at Hollywood and Vine, because we didn't feel like going back to MGM. Best decision we made all week. We decided to try one of the Monorail resorts for lunch, I suggested Kona Cafe in the Poly, but was overruled and we ended up going to the GF for lunch expecting to eat in the Grand Floridian Cafe, well because of 1900 Park Fair being closed the GF Cafe was not serving lunch so we ended up at Critrcos, being lunch it was only 1 TS credit per person. This was the first meal we had all week that was excellent. The food was FANTASTIC, the atmosphere was wonderful and the server was one of the best I've ever encountered anywhere. I am so glad we cancelled H&V and replaced it with lunch here, best food all week.

Friday - Chef Mickey's - Will NEVER EVER go back here, will NEVER EVER recommend this place to anyone EVER!!!!! THE WORST meal experience all week! The only restaurant I did not leave a tip over and above the tip that was included in the Dining Plan. Lousy food, cold meat, cold veggies, mushy desserts, we were seated late (got there early) and the we had waitress from la-la-land, I thought the waitress we had at Hoo-Dee-Doo was unattentive, this one we practically had to trip in order for her to notice us. At the time to leave and get our check my DS had to "accidently" push his chair in front of her so that we could get her attention. The only redeeming factor of this restaurant was the characters were great and came around at regular intervals, but usually when I was at the buffet. DD got sick from something she ate here also and we had to leave the Pirate and Princess party early, but after the fireworks.

All in all the meals were good and I loved not having to worry about how much it was going to cost. We are going back next year and we plan on paying for the Dining Plan, even though it has changed, we still think it will be worth it.

Thanks for the reviews. Too bad your DD got sick on something she had at Chef Mickeys :sad1: . I'll have to take a look at Citrico's lunch menu. I didn't realize they were 1TS at lunch :thumbsup2 .

I know what you mean about CM...the food was horrible when we went. I was so sick a few hours later. The character interaction was awesome though.

Thanks for the reviews.

Can you post what you had for lunch at Citrico's? I didn't know that lunch was available at that restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter