table names

We had 4 tables and named them after the school houses at Hogwarts from Harry Potter: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Our head table was platform 9 3/4. Strange maybe but I love Harry Potter and I didn't want anything traditional.

That's awesome Melissa! I, too, am a HUGE HP fan! Love your idea! :goodvibes

Before we decided to move the wedding to a small venue in Vegas, we had decided to name the tables after rock and roll bands. We picked bands that fit those guests seated at the table. My Mom's was "Queen", my work friends would be "Motley Crew", etc We were then going to make "LP" Covers and incorporate them with the centerpieces. Name cards were going to be back stage passes for the band (creative but we never came to a conclusion on how we were going to pull it off)

I am going to miss my rock and roll wedding but we'll party like rock stars in Vegas instead and I'm really happy that we saved the money for our disneymoon instead!

This thread got me thinking, and this might be similar to what you are talking about (btw, I would love to hear about your centerpiece ideas). So, our theme is "old world fairytale" and I have seen these beautifully illustrated books of classic fairytales.
Cinderella-large.jpg
Sleeping-Beauty-Cover.jpg

So, thinking out loud here ... we could have the tables named after fairytales and have a book on display on each table somehow to indicate which table it is. Also, I think on the place cards instead of outright saying "Cinderella Table" there would be a clue, a pretty obvious one like mention a glass slipper, from that tale that would direct people to the correct table. Not sure how the books on the tables would work with our centerpieces, but its the start of an idea ...

I love your idea! We are just doing the name. My DF is designing the table names. We are also designing scrolls that will be laid on the table with the stories written on them. (We have more tables than princesses so we are using some fairytales that are not well known too). The cennterpieces are so much fun to think about. For example: The parents table is going to be "Cinderella", and their centerpiece will be the glass slipper on a silk pillow surrounded by orange rose petals and hurricane candles. My DF and I will come up with the name of our own fairytale as our table's name and our centerpiece will have to do with our favorite things or things that were signifigant from our dating/engaged time.

Out of curiosity..... where did you find those books? I would love to give them as part of my bridesmaid gifts!

I don't have any ideas yet but definitely subscribing to see what everyone else comes up with!!! We are having 13-16 tables.

Love the 12 days of Christmas idea!!! So creative and fun and perfect for your date! Maybe I can do Christmas in July :santa: , haha, just kidding. Keep the ideas coming!!!

Thank you!! You can always have a christmas in july...but your guests might be confused!

I love your idea! We are just doing the name. My DF is designing the table names. We are also designing scrolls that will be laid on the table with the stories written on them. (We have more tables than princesses so we are using some fairytales that are not well known too). The cennterpieces are so much fun to think about. For example: The parents table is going to be "Cinderella", and their centerpiece will be the glass slipper on a silk pillow surrounded by orange rose petals and hurricane candles. My DF and I will come up with the name of our own fairytale as our table's name and our centerpiece will have to do with our favorite things or things that were signifigant from our dating/engaged time.

Out of curiosity..... where did you find those books? I would love to give them as part of my bridesmaid gifts!

Amazon ... if you search the artist K.Y. Craft they should come right up. I would love to see your scrolls!! Are you writing an abbreviated version of the stories yourself, or did you find a short version somewhere to copy???

Amazon ... if you search the artist K.Y. Craft they should come right up. I would love to see your scrolls!! Are you writing an abbreviated version of the stories yourself, or did you find a short version somewhere to copy???

Thank you!!!

I can't wait to see the finished product too....:goodvibes DF is a graphic designer, so he did some brainstorming and thought of the scroll idea. DF and I are going to write them as if we were telling the story as a bedtime story so it will be somewhat abreviated. We already did Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast.

I love the idea of Disney couples, also very romantic.

Mt friends met each other at Epcot and the groom had previously lived in Italy, so they used the names of the World Showcase countries in Italian! My friend's DH wouldn't allow character names becuse he thought it sounded like parking lots - despite all of us saying otherwise!

I have to say I agree with the friend. Disney couples, attractions, countries in EPCOT, would be fine but since you brought it up I would think of parking areas ifyou used single characters.

These are all so creative! ;) I was thinking about doing our favorite rides from different theme parks (especially since we met at Busch Gardens in Tampa).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter