• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Table Names help!

dclhoney10

Earning My Ears
I saw a thread posted today asking for help with table names, great thread, but I need some ideas that are not Little Mermaid.

I have 7 tables, not including the sweetheart table, and thought about doing Disney Couples:

Mickey and Minnie
Donald and Daisy
Cinderella and Prince Charming
Belle and the Beast
Jasmine and Aladdin
Simba and Nala
Lady and the Tramp

Does this seem to ordinary? I wanted it to mean something to me and my DF, he helped me come up with the list, but if there are other great ideas out there I am all ears.

Also, how have you displayed your table names? In frames, with stands of some sort? Does anyone have pictures, I would LOVE to see!

I think the Disney couples makes sense for a Disney wedding. It is pretty popular on here, but other guests who havent been on the boards wont think so! And if that's what you like- use it!

I am having a small escape wedding with one long roman-style table so no table names for me. BUT I always thought it would be cool to make each table the word for "love" in different languages- (it could correspond to the countries in Epcot).

We did Disney couples, and Wish On A Star is right...none of your guests will think it's common.

We were doing a turn-of-the-century theme, so we had Shelley do silhouette's of the characters (we also had a silhouette artist at the wedding).

0680.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

0709.jpg

Disney2163.jpg

You'd probably be able to find a similar way to incorporate it into your theme.

Heidi, that turned out really well!

DF and I are planning on using our favorite watering holes and where our friends frequent. For example, one of our GM owns a bar, so he'll be sitting there and friends from college will be at a local Mass bar table... It is personal and for us Jerseyites it's pretty funny- also we met in a bar, so that's our table name.

Good Luck!

Heidi - Love those table name silhouettes! Bambi and Faline is too adorable! Hmm, may have to "borrow" the silhouette idea. Purple is one of our colors too, so I think I'm always drawn to your stuff because it's already in the right colors and looks fantastic! :goodvibes

Just as another idea for something non-Disney related...

We have a New England theme, and will have 6 tables - so the first thought is 6 New England states. Well, we didn't want to do that because we thought family would just sit at the state that they're from and ignore our seating arrangements. So we went with something New England, but not the states - the state flowers! Here's the Massachusetts one, excuse the bad picture

IMG_0412.jpg

So you can really make them anything you want. I made mine by buying picture frames so they would stand independently. I'm also putting a blurb on the back with info about both the state and the flower! :flower3:

I did characters from our wedding theme - Lady and the Tramp. So we have 4 tables - Jock, Trusty, Si&AM and Peg!

99% of our wedding was DIY, we were really trying to keep costs down.

We used characters for our table names, not 'couples' though, because we wanted to stay withing the 'fab 5' circle (ie, main characters) and had 9 tables.

We did:
Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Daisy
Goofy
Chip & Dale
Pluto
then: Bridal Party 1 & Bridal Party 2

Our colors were blue, silver & white and Disney had perfect matching characters last year for sale...so they were our centerpieces. And for the Bridal Party tables I printed signs and put them in Mickey frames.

here's some photos of how we did it:
MDJ0152212-18-08.jpg

MDJ0152312-18-08.jpg

These photos were taken as I was packing up for the wedding.
Picture Frames:
IMG_0407.jpg

here were some of our table cards:
IMG_0275.jpg

We had an "ice cave" theme and the seating cards were individually placed on an icicle and hung on an ice tree (taken from the Narnia set). We had 15 tables and each table had a Greek mythological creature name which I printed from my computer and put a little information about the creature at the bottom of the table setting.

I haven't done this yet, but this was what I was thinking possibly for me in the future was having table names as famous disney love songs, like So This is Love, Someday My Prince Will Come, Etc. I just love Disney songs so I thought this was cute!

I haven't done this yet, but this was what I was thinking possibly for me in the future was having table names as famous disney love songs, like So This is Love, Someday My Prince Will Come, Etc. I just love Disney songs so I thought this was cute!

I love that Idea!

At first I was planning on doing Disney couples but after seeing that idea with Disney love songs (which I love! my dream is to meet alan menken who wrote my favorite disney songs) I'm completely torn! Thanks for the idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter