Table for three

jodyruble

Earning My Ears
I am a bit of an introvert and the idea of making conversation with strangers every night at dinner kind of stresses me out. Any chance our family of three (me, dh, and dd/11) would have our own table in the main dining room?

New to cruising and greatly appreciate your help!

It should not be a problem to get your own table. Request it ahead of time with DCL, or have your travel agent do it.

We always request (and get) a private table, and once we board the ship I go to one of the restaurants and look for our table number to see that it is a private table.

If you do this and see that your table is a large one, just go to dining changes and they will take care of it for you.

It should not be a problem to get your own table. Request it ahead of time with DCL, or have your travel agent do it. We always request (and get) a private table, and once we board the ship I go to one of the restaurants and look for our table number to see that it is a private table. If you do this and see that your table is a large one, just go to dining changes and they will take care of it for you.

Thank you so much! I know it's silly, but that was really making me tense. Now I'm even more excited about our cruise!

It should not be a problem to get your own table. Request it ahead of time with DCL, or have your travel agent do it.

We always request (and get) a private table, and once we board the ship I go to one of the restaurants and look for our table number to see that it is a private table.

If you do this and see that your table is a large one, just go to dining changes and they will take care of it for you.

We do exactly the same for our party of 3. It's always worked out.

As the PP's have said you should submit a request for this. Your TA can do it for you.

I'd encourage you to consider using this as an opportunity to break out of your comfort zone though. You'll likely meet other people who have a love of cruising and/or Disney. There will be lots to talk about.

Thank you so much! I know it's silly, but that was really making me tense. Now I'm even more excited about our cruise!

It's not silly at all. No sense in dealing with somethig that makes you tense when you are on vacation with your family.

Our first cruise we did not enjoy sitting with others, and for all I know they did not enjoy sitting with me....so the next 7 cruises I just take that whole aspect out of the equation.

We had a private table for 3 and I was thrilled. We didn't even request it. I'm a major introvert and hate small talk so this was my Disney magic and made the whole trip.

We've sailed a couple of times as a part of 3. The first, when DD was young, we were seated with another party of 3 (including their DS who was about the same age as DD). It was great.

The second time we were seated with a party of 5, who were quite obnoxious. It wasn't so great. They arrived 30-minutes late to each meal, meaning we were typically into our entrée by the time they got there.

We prefer private tables also. Cruises for us are a way for us to spend time as a family, I don't want to share our dinner time with strangers. That being said we've requested a private table both times we cruised and went straight to dining changes to confirm once we've boarded. Both times they said that we were not given a private table but they promptly fixed it for us. So definitely confirm once onboard, they will fix it if it hasn't already been done.

Can I make the request for the private table on board the ship or should I call? Last cruise we were seated with a family that came late to dinner too and to top it off they didn't speak English which made things ackward. Didn't know we can request private seating. Hopefully it's not to late to request. We sail in 2 weeks.

On our first cruise, our party of 3 were seated with another plus a single traveller, making a total of 7 people at an 8 top. We all got on really well.

Our next 2 cruises, we were seated alone - once at a 6 top (which seemed weird as half of the table was left empty), once at a 4 top.

On our last cruise we were at a 6 top with another family of 3, we got on OK with them, too.

When we cruise again though, I think I'd request a private table as we found it more relaxed.:goodvibes

Looking at the tables that first day at lunch may not help. They often change the configurations of the tables between seatings based on the guest groupings at each.

we are like you, but more so because we have had bad dining companions that have almost ruined our cruise. So we request to have our own 4 top anytime we cruise now.

Last year we were a party of 4 adults. I requested a table for 4, and we got it. It was so nice to just relax each night at dinner. I love meeting people and striking up small talk, but not every single night during dinner. Personally I find it a little stressful, just like the OP does.

Next year's cruise it will just be DH and I, and I plan on requesting a table for 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter