• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Table for 2 vs. Table for 4

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Everytime I call Disney Dining to make my rezzies I tell them we have 2 adults and a baby. They always say, "Table for 3". Does anyone know if when they are actually looking for a table for us if they are looking for a table that really sits 4 seeing that there really are no tables for 3? Or are they looking for a table for 2 and just make note that we'll need a high chair?

I ask because when we went to CP in July I made an ADR and we ended up with a small table for 2 with DS in a high chair. Which was totally fine because he really doesn't need his own spot. Just curious because a table for 2 vs a table for 4 could make a huge difference in getting a reservation this late in the game.

They are looking for a table that will seat three people. A high chair takes up just as much space as a regular chair. There will be exceptions, of course (nothing is carved in stone).

Just to note - getting a table for two is often more difficult than getting a table for four.

Actually, getting a table of any size will vary from day to day, hour to hour, moon phase to moon phase.

And there are tables for three in WDW. We had one at Ohana

So how frowned upon is it for me to just ask for a table for 4, and just have the three of us arrive? It wouldn't be at a restaurant that has a CC guarantee.

I wouldn't think you would have to. I would think that a request for three would be placed at a table for four. Personally I don't like to request for an amount of people I don't have, but that would be your call

I wouldn't think you would have to. I would think that a request for three would be placed at a table for four. Personally I don't like to request for an amount of people I don't have, but that would be your call

Well that is what I'd think too but obviously not the case because when we made our 3 person ADR for CP in July they had us at a table for 2, not 4, and definitely not 3.

Oh, now I understand your question. This is just my opinion, but I think that what the dining CMs put in the computer and what the hostesses do at the podium are sometimes two different things. I think you'd be better off requesting a larger table at the podium (which I would imagine is already blocked in the computer). I feel this way because as a party of two we've been seated at a table for four sometimes, and for two sometimes. Also, dining will tell larger groups that they have to get two ADRs and then most of the time the restaurant is able to seat them together. I think the flexibility is at the podium

I just called to check availability for CRT for breakfast and there is no tables available for a party of 3 but a party of 4 there is a wide range of times open. I think this is a ressie you must pay with CC when booking I am willing to pay for 4 people, but our party is only 3...how will that work when we check in? Will the clerk at the front desk give us problems? Any comments are greatly appreciated. This is something our DD has been wanting to attend ever since we told her we were going back to disney. If I am willing to pay the extra this shouldn't be a problem for anyone, especially since that would be a dream come true for the DD.

I just called to check availability for CRT for breakfast and there is no tables available for a party of 3 but a party of 4 there is a wide range of times open. I think this is a ressie you must pay with CC when booking I am willing to pay for 4 people, but our party is only 3...how will that work when we check in? Will the clerk at the front desk give us problems? Any comments are greatly appreciated. This is something our DD has been wanting to attend ever since we told her we were going back to disney. If I am willing to pay the extra this shouldn't be a problem for anyone, especially since that would be a dream come true for the DD.

What if you book your ADR for 4 and then call back and change it to 3? I've had to change some 4 person reservations to 3 persons without any problems; it's going to 2 people that they seem to have issue with.

I have heard about people being turned away because they showed up with a party smaller than was booked. There are tables for 3 at many of the restaurants (I know, because we used to be a party of 3). I recently had to change all of my ressies for our December trip, because my mom passed away. I am booked at 9 different restaurants, imagine the fun that was. Actually, it wasn't much trouble, because we are traveling with a child with Autism and he has to be on a close schedule and they were able to work with us.

My party of 7 is going to have to be seated at 2 tables at LTT, because of the arrangements of tables in the restaurant. I really didn't understand this concept, until it was explained to me this way. Party size DOES matter.

Suzanne

What if you book your ADR for 4 and then call back and change it to 3? I've had to change some 4 person reservations to 3 persons without any problems; it's going to 2 people that they seem to have issue with.

I guess I could try that. Paying for the extra seat not being used is not a problem. I just cant see breaking DD heart because they dont have a table for 3, and there are more tables for 4 then what they will know what to do with. I would not be considering this if they tables for 4 were slim to none, but believe me when I asked what was available, the CM listed times every 10-15 mins from 830am to 955am. Hope I am not just seeing this one sided.

So do we have any hope of getting CRT for just 2?
We're thinking of going at dinner, mabye that would increase our chances?

I have heard about people being turned away because they showed up with a party smaller than was booked.

Suzanne

Well, now you've heard from someone who was not turned away from no fewer than 16 different table service restaurants because they had a smaller party. We planned a trip with friends of ours and on the first night the friends had to fly home because her mom died. We went from three to five and had no problems whatsoever. I tried to explain why we were short the first few times but it just didn't seem to matter so I stopped explaining - no one asked or said a word

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter