TA not able to book ADR

roac8362

Earning My Ears
I have talked to a TA about a January 2018 trip we are planning but haven't booked yet. We are a family of 5...3 DD - 13, 10 & 4. Since we have two Disney adults who aren't big eaters I'm thinking the dining plan isn't the way to go this trip. When I mentioned this to the TA she let me know that she would not be able to book any of our ADR if we do not have a dining plan. I know that I can book all of our reservations but is it common procedure for TA not being able to book without a dining plan?

They can book without a dining plan, but wouldn't be able to book for Jan 2018 yet. The 180 is somewhere around the end of November at the moment. Overall though - yes they can typically book without a dining plan.

I think the PP is correct. They are saying that if you are not going to book the dining plan, then they personally will not do ADRs as a part of their service.

"I do not book dining for you when you don't purchase a dining plan. I will advise you and answer questions, but I don't actually make reservations for you." -- this was her exact quote. I just didn't know if all agents followed this procedure or if I should maybe look around for an agent willing to help a little more :/

I'd be looking for a new agent if I were you. You'll find many that are willing to book dining for you regardless of if you purchase the plan or not. I have a personal preference to do dining reservations and fast passes myself, but my agent would do it for me if I wanted her to. How many other things will she not be wiling to do for you unless you book x, y, or z?

"I do not book dining for you when you don't purchase a dining plan. I will advise you and answer questions, but I don't actually make reservations for you." -- this was her exact quote. I just didn't know if all agents followed this procedure or if I should maybe look around for an agent willing to help a little more :/

I would definitely be looking for another agent. So many good ones out there. I book everything myself because I like to do it, but if they aren't willing to help you with that - I would find someone who is. Don't feel like you need to buy a dining plan if it's not right for you.

My agent lost my entire reservation because I had an offer for 2 free nights from disney so I booked entire trip through disney so I didnt have to check out then back in, she STILL offered to book my ADR's for me. She did get to keep my cruise reservation. I would be looking for an agent willing to book your ADR's for you.

Thanks for the input. It really kind of put me off. I think I'll for sure contact a few different agents before I book :) Having someone more concerned about helping me make it a great trip at a great price is my main purpose of using an agent. I have become a bit obsessed about this trip and have thought about just handling everything myself, but then I get a bit overwhelmed lol

Definitely seek out a new agent. you want someone that will work with you. I just in the past 3 days booked my June 20 this year trip (3 weeks out!) and my TA went over and beyond to help me. We were in constant FB messaging mode for 2 1/2 days to schedule just the resorts. Then she helped me with flights (not paid). I haven't booked the dining plan(but plan to later) but she is looking for the ones I want most, and providing me with info on fantastic packages and ROL that I did not know. I like doing much of it myself, but I will say having a good agent has been a lifesaver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter