T & T do the triple - pre-trip report

Latte Lover

<font color=green> in charge of the credit cards a
We are:

Tony, (DH) age 44 - in charge of driving, collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast, running to get fast passes and generally stressing. :drive: This is his ninth trip.

Theresa (me), age 43 - in charge of the credit cards and plotting quickest routes to the shopping malls. This is my tenth trip.

Maddie (DD), age 19 - jointly in charge of where we eat, shop and play this trip. This is her seventh trip.

Callum (DS) age 18 - in charge of himself. This is his seventh trip.

Tony and I are in the fortunate position of having visited Florida twice already in the past 9 months, both times without our children! :guilty: This trip is for them; they will be choosing the parks we visit, the restaurants we eat in, the Malls we shop in and our general schedule each day. Maddie will be helping me write this trip report. Usually Tony writes it but we’ve hijacked it this time.

Some details:

We fly with Monarch on Saturday 23rd August from Gatwick to Sanford. We haven’t flown with them before and they were cheap so we’re preparing ourselves for the worst! :scared1: Cost for four adults - £1800.

We have booked a two bedroom condo with Alpharooms. It’s at Terrace Ridge but we don’t actually know where this is, there seem to be several locations. We’ll find out where it is when we get there. Cost of the condo for two weeks - £472.

We have booked the car through Alamo. It’s a SUV and was £256 for the two weeks.

We’re planning on doing the four Disney parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach plus IOA and Universal. Shopping makes a regular appearance on our itinerary as we want to do as many malls as possible. We’ll also be doing a tour of the scrapbook shops and Callum will want to look in music shops and the pawn shops for guitars.

Now the most important thing – the food! We’re really looking forward to being able to eat until we’re stuffed as we’ve been on diets. We’re planning on getting doughnuts most mornings for breakfast from either Krispy Kreme or Dunkin’ Donuts. As Maddie is a fussy eater and she prefers plain food, we’re going to be eating at a lot of the counter service restaurants, especially as she loves the Disney burgers. However, we have also persuaded her to try Le Cellier, Grand Floridian Cafe and possibly Artist Point (we have made ADR’s for these) although she may just have a dessert at these! We’ll probably also eat at the Rainforest Cafe, Mythos and Ghirardelli’s and will be trying Beaches and Cream for the first time. Maddie and I have already chosen our desserts at most of these!

Other things to look forward to are the Dis meet at Margaritaville on the 29th August :thumbsup2 and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party on the 5th September. Maddie and I may also go to the Scrapbook Convention which is on while we are there.

We’re almost all packed and ready to go. Sadly, we have a meagre luggage allowance of 20kg each including hand luggage so we have had to pack very lightly in order to leave plenty of room for shopping.

Maddie goes back to university two weeks after we get back so we aim to get the whole of our trip report finished before she goes! :wave2:

Sounds fantastic!

Looking forward to hearing all about it - especially which Scrapbook shops you go to and what you buy!

Have a fab time! :goodvibes

Theresa,
It's a wonder those kids haven't reported you to the authorities. Leaving them behind for two trips in a row is child neglect by any national standard. I imagine, though, they'll have their ways of letting you make it up to them on this trip. Have fun.

Theresa, your plans sound fantastic :-) Make sure Tony takes lots of pics!:thumbsup2

Hope you all have a fab time :cool1: I think you will both do a brilliant trip report (co-writing is the future imo :lmao: )

Sounds like you have a great trip planned :thumbsup2 Cant wait to hear all about it :)

Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned, Theresa. I hope you all have a magical time :wizard:

Laur's princess:

Sound like it's all systems are go and everything is in hand ready for the off:goodvibes
Like the sound of the Scrapbook convention .
Will look forward to hearing more about that on your return :thumbsup2

Wishing you all a magical time in the land of mouse:cheer2:

Hope you all have a fantastic time and looking forward to reading your reports.

We have flown twice with Monarch and they were fine. They lack the perks with travelling with Virgin but the service and food was just the same.

Hope you all have a fantastic time and looking forward to reading your reports.

We have flown twice with Monarch and they were fine. They lack the perks with travelling with Virgin but the service and food was just the same.

Thanks that's good to know.

I'm sure you will all have a great time. Nice trip report title, by the way ;)

Just checked the Gatwick flight departures and am pleased to see you are at last all on your way, what a nightmare wait.

Love the trip report title. Looking forward to reading more:thumbsup2

I like the sound of the breakfasts, just make sure you do plenty of scrapbook shopping:thumbsup2

Just seen this so will have to find the actual trip report now. Hope you had a great time.

susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter