T-shirt transfer paper question

SheriN

Mouseketeer
Ok, need t-shirt transfer answers to a question that hopefully someone here knows the answer to because I'm sure not getting any from the company despite several calls and an e-mail.

I want to put a design on a t-shirt. Bought Color Copier Transfer Paper from Transfer Magic for a Color Laser Copier. However, inside it also says not to use it on a Color Laser Printer.

Aren't they the same thing, if they are the same machine??

The only thing I can figure out, is the Copier works via taking a copy of a design on a piece of paper, while a printer works via taking a design off the computer.

But if they are coming out of the same place, using the same paper and the same ink, aren't they the same thing???

I took my design on a memory stick to Office Depot and talked with a very nice girl there. However, neither she or I could figure it out what it meant, exactly. And since this paper is not cheap, I'd really rather not mess it up while we figure it out. Which Kinko's already messed one up, so now I'm down to exactly the amount I need.

I've called the company several times in hopes to get an answer and each time he's out of his office. Well then, get someone else to answer your *support* phone then! Ugh!

So, if anyone has a clue, please let me know.

Do I trust that this will work on a copier/printer, since it is the same machine. Or should I not chance it?

It does say to print my design on the paper as a mirror image. So perhaps I must first print out my design off the memory stick, then reverse it, THEN put it onto the transfer paper?

Oh I'm soooo confused? LOL

as far as I know you must use an inkjet printer for all transfers...

You can buy transfer for both inkjet and laser. But if you want to have someone else print them for you, like OfficeMax or Kinko's then you have to go Laser Jet as it's cheaper for them to run in the long run. At least around here.

It's why I ended up going the way I did, and honestly I'm not that happy about it, but unless i want lines through out my design, I have to get someone else to print it. Which translates into laser jet.

If I bring my design down to Disney, is there any place down there that I can get several printed up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter