T-Rex

angel26

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to make my ADR's i'm trying to decide if we should go to T-REX how is the food there? We'll have 4 kids with us so i thought that would be a fun place to take them. Thanks

We went there last July for the atmosphere, but we were very impressed with the food. Much better than we expected. Dino-sized portions! My husband got the chicken salad on croissant, which was excellent. I got the grilled shrimp with a fruit salsa. Yum. Picky DS got pizza- nothing to write home about. Ominvore DS got the shrimp basket which he couldn't finish- a first for him! Some neat drink choices for the kids. We are excited to go back this July!

I agree. My wife and I went last March. We loved it, theme was fantastic and our food was very good. That said, this is not gourmet food so chose wisely. We stuck to what you would call bar food. Burgers, chicken sandwich, fries and a sample appetizers. Next pricey. We went in knowing all that and love it. LOUD but again we knew that. We have ADR's for the whole family this summer.

How old are the kids? It is REALLY loud in there and my son ( a dinosaur lover) was scared and couldn't wait to leave (so we didn't eat there). But he was only 3 1/2 on are last trip.

We did T-Rex last fall with a 2 and 5 year old. They LOVED it. We were pleasantly surprised by the food. We also found the portions to be quite large.

We were there in September. I just really wanted to go for the atmosphere. Turns out the food wasn't bad but man, was it LOUD in there. So loud that we were shouting at each other so that we could hear each other talk! But I have to say, it's pretty awesome looking inside.

We loved it there! It was a little noisy, but my 1 year old still loved it and we sat right by the T rex in the front. The food was pretty good too. Not on the dining plan, though.

How old are the kids? It is REALLY loud in there and my son ( a dinosaur lover) was scared and couldn't wait to leave (so we didn't eat there). But he was only 3 1/2 on are last trip.

My daughter is 10 then my husband's sister's kid's are 3,4,8 and there all boy's. I can't wait to eat there.:banana:

Can you'll recommend anywhere else i should make ADR's I already have boma on the 6 of june boma again on the 9 of june and donald's safari for the 9 of june we're only staying four day's. Thank You

We were very pleasantly surprised at how good the food was @ TRex, as well as the size of the portions. It's one of the first places my kids asked to return to this year.

As for other places to eat, we really enjoy the Cape May breakfast, a character meal. One other very fun thing to do would be the Hoop Dee Doo Revue @ FW. A bit pricey, but a very fun night with pretty good food.

Has anyone been able to get in to T rex without an ADR? We really want to try this place out when we are there in June, but there are NO reservations available any of the nights we will be there! I could try for a lunch ADR but I'm not sure we will want to leave any of the parks just to go have lunch there.

Our food was SO good when we ate there on Feb 24. We were really surprised how large the portions were. I ordered the quesadilla (without chicken) and just looking at it made me feel full. :lmao: It was very good, though. The mozzarella cheese appetizer is also VERY good! Yum!

I will echo what others have been saying about the noise level in there. It is quite loud. Our daughter (1) was fine but when the meteor shower started she liked to duck into my shoulder until it was over.

We did not have ADR's but we were there just shortly after 11:00 am and had no problem just walking right in.

Enjoy! :goodvibes

Has anyone been able to get in to T rex without an ADR? We really want to try this place out when we are there in June, but there are NO reservations available any of the nights we will be there! I could try for a lunch ADR but I'm not sure we will want to leave any of the parks just to go have lunch there.

We had reservations when we went last July, but it looked like they were telling walk-ups it would be about 20 minutes. The line to put your name on the list looked intimidating (long), but it seemed to be quite organized. I think you will be fine. And the restaurant is right next door to the Lego store- one of you can wait for your name to be called while others can check out the really cool Lego creations either inside or outside of the store.

Try calling TRex directly for a reservation. Last year we couldn't get a reservation through disney so called the restaurant directly and got exactly what we needed.

We thought the food was just OK for the price. Our meal was $70 for an appetizer, an entree, and 1 kid's meal. It wasn't anything that made me want to write home about it, BUT we will be returning in September because DH and DS want to go again. However, we are going to eat at Boma for dinner then go to T-Rex for dessert and shopping at DTD.

That atmosphere is great! Especially the underwater or the space rooms!

Are you guys on DDP?

This spot was a pleasant surprise for us. I had the nachos - they were HUGE (should have split them with DH) and really good. The place was a bit nerve-wracking, what with the asteroid shower and all. I recommend a pre-dinner cocktail.

T-Rex is on the same line as Rainforest Cafe; dds 8,5 enjoyed it but they did probably enjoyed Rainforest more. If you have children into dinosaurs, then they will definitely love it.

I strongly recommend you go to T Rex for lunch not dinner. There is a big difference in the service

We were there in Jan and went for lunch and dinner without reservations. We walked in for lunch at 11:30 and had to wait about 20 minutes for dinner, at about 6:00. Our waitress for lunch was not with it, but our waiter for dinner was great and we sat in two different rooms. We loved the food and will be back in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter