• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

T REX Restaurant

123SA

DIS Veteran
Is there a better time of day to make an ADR? We arrive 9/8 at 11:30 and have no plans for the day other than DTD and this restaurant. Thanks for your help.

Would like to hear as well:). We made reservations for 1 pm, and someone told me even with ADR's the lines are horrible:scared1:. Should we make it earlier, to avoid the lunch rush and the lines waiting? Would like to know what other people experienced trying to get in. We have shopping and DQ that afternoon, and I know my son will be chomping on the bit to get to DQ - don't want to spend a long time in a line if we already have reservations!

Don't know if this will sway your decision, but hubby and I were there last Jan (yes, the week of New Years) and went to T-Rex on a whim, NO reservations. The line was spilling out the door, it looked as if we would have to wait hours. We stood in the no reservations line, gave our name and we were seated in 15 minutes. I couldn't believe it. I am so glad we did not give up and leave, we almost did. It was the MOST FUN for all of us. The waiter was DJ (never will forget it--he said it was short for Dino Jockey). He took my 8 year old on a guided tour, took pictures all over the place then went to the Build A Dino (like Build a Bear) place with him. My son still talks about having the best time there. It really is something we all won't forget. Hubby and I split appetizers and DS had a kids meal and it was very good. Would really recommend it. And, if you can't get a reservation, just put your name in and let them seat you! Hope this helps!

Don't know if this will sway your decision, but hubby and I were there last Jan (yes, the week of New Years) and went to T-Rex on a whim, NO reservations. The line was spilling out the door, it looked as if we would have to wait hours. We stood in the no reservations line, gave our name and we were seated in 15 minutes. I couldn't believe it. I am so glad we did not give up and leave, we almost did. It was the MOST FUN for all of us. The waiter was DJ (never will forget it--he said it was short for Dino Jockey). He took my 8 year old on a guided tour, took pictures all over the place then went to the Build A Dino (like Build a Bear) place with him. My son still talks about having the best time there. It really is something we all won't forget. Hubby and I split appetizers and DS had a kids meal and it was very good. Would really recommend it. And, if you can't get a reservation, just put your name in and let them seat you! Hope this helps!

Sounds wonderful! My DS6 is a huge dinosaur fan; I think he will really like this place.

I was thinking that maybe an off hour like 3:00 would be better?

We had a 6pm ADR on Superbowl Sunday. The walk-up line was longgggg.

After we checked in at the podium, we waited only about 5 minutes & were then ushered in past everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter