T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe?

Alfiegeorgina

Earning My Ears
Both menus appeal, both look great....which would you pick?

I will have an 8yo and a 3yo when we visit in 11 months, daughter is scared of loud noises at the moment but that will more than likely be something she has grown out of by then. Could potentially do both but it will be a squeeze!

If you have the equal option to visit both I would go to TREX, it's more unique than Rainforest as (could be wrong) it's the only one anywhere. Theming wise, they are both really well themed but Dinosaurs are just cooler. There is the half hourly asteroid attack at TREX that is loud so if that's a problem then so be it.

Luckily both places only release a tiny amount of tables to be pre-booked so you don't need to decide until the day, just be prepared for an hour wait when you request a table at the podium.

Somtimes a picture says a thousand words , LOL ...Never been to T rex , but my boy at Rain Forest Cafe age 6TMP16.JPG

Oh RC is noisy too? I don't remember that, although before my LO I don't think it was something I really considered!

If you have the equal option to visit both I would go to TREX, it's more unique than Rainforest as (could be wrong) it's the only one anywhere.

There is also a T-REX Cafe in Kansas City. But, that's the only other one, and you're right...it is more unique than RC.

I have done both T-Rex was certainly awesome with the theming, but it is loud. Last time we were at Rainforest, we sat in the lava lounge, and it was great. Right on the water, good food, and after we ate we were able to walk around rainforest, take in the theming. It was a much more enjoyable meal than when we sat inside.

We have eaten at both. They were both noisy. We prefer T-Rex, but we enjoyed our meal at both places.

Rainforest is loud, i am not a child and i had enough. Can't talk to My sister, i have to scream. The food is just ok.

If you can't get a ressie on the Disney website, you can call either place directly and talk to someone. That's how we got ours at T Rex last time.

Hands down...T-Rex!! Owned by the same company (Landry's) but totally different. I found T-Rex to have much better food and the service was a lot better than the RC we tried in Disney too. We have a RC about 20 minutes from us and I am not a fan. They have themed rooms too so it isn't all the same kind of environment as RC.

As mentioned, they're owned by the same company. Rainforest Café is a chain, however I don't know of any other T-Rex restaurants. I disagree that they're completely different - they both have similar chain restaurant-esque food (think TGIFriday's) and their experiences are very similar, but one was rainforest animals and one was dinosaurs. I would NOT do both on the same trip.

IMO, I think T-Rex is more appealing to boys and Rainforest has more of a universal appeal to boys and girls. I could take or leave the food at both.

IMO, I think T-Rex is more appealing to boys and Rainforest has more of a universal appeal to boys and girls. I could take or leave the food at both.
Agreed. Both are places you take your kids to for the experience. The food is mediocre and over-priced.

We have a RFC near us that we've been to many times and have been to the one at DTD. We've also been to T-Rex. Other than theming, I don't find them to be much different from one another. The food seems pretty identical to me, just has a different name and I've never had service problems at any visit.
*If you have a child who is truly scared of loud noises, then I would avoid both. However, if they are more of a timid than terrified nature, I would ask to be seated away from any of the audioanimatronics. It won't help with the thunderstorms/ meteor showers but it makes it easier to deal with the roaring gorillas/ dinos etc... if you are not right by them.

We like both, but I agree that T-Rex is a more unique choice since there are no others in other locations.

We enjoy Rainforest a little more. It does seem to be true that not many reservations for either are in the Disney reservation system; however, we've had much better luck calling the eatery directly. Don't count on walkup -- you can be waiting a long time.

If you are concerned about noise, I would go with T-Rex. I have young children (currently DS 10, DD 9 and DS 6) and have been to both places multiple times over the years. I remember one of my kids getting upset because RC was too loud. I agree with one of the comments about having to yell at the table just to hear each other at times at RC. T-Rex can be a little loud but not too bad.

The food at both places are comparable...nothing special and a little over priced. But compared to the rest of the over priced food at the DW restaurants, I actually find both T-Rex and RC's prices to have some value.

FWIW, all 3 of my kiddos prefer T-Rex hands down over RC, and I do too.

They are both pretty noisy places. I thought RFC food was better than TREX, but thats just my opinion. My boys really liked the dinos in TREX though, but when we decided ti skip TREX this year to giv RFC a try we still went to TRX and did build a dino.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter