T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe?

My kids loved T-Rex. The food is ok, but nothing to write home about. They are owned by the same company, so I would go with whatever theme you like more.

Rainforest - choices seemed to be better. TRex was not happy with at all.

T-REX! We thought the food was tremendously better and the atmosphere is just awesome with life-like T-Rexes, fish tanks, meteor storms, "ice" cave that lights up in changing colors, and the giant moving octopus over the bar. It is a LOUD place though, if that's a concern.

One hint about making reservations at T-Rex (and maybe Rainforest too, I'm not sure) - they don't put all their open reservation slots on the Disney website. It almost always shows no reservation times available at peak lunch and dinner times, but if you call them, they have availability. I read somewhere it is an independent restaurant operating on Disney property, and that's just how they choose to do it.

Last edited:
T-Rex has better food... neither is great but have never been happy with Rainforest.
stick with the basics at T-Rex and the prices are ok and food is the same.

I would disagree and say the food is better at Rainforest Cafe. Not brilliant at either but we thought the T Rex food was nasty. RFC okay. The effects are the same kind of thing at both so go with your favourite theme. I also prefer the RFC theme but that's obviously open to personal taste.

We love T-Rex hands down preferably over Rainforest. I felt like it was a huge waste of money eating at the Rainforest Cafe. But never felt that way all the times we've eaten at TRex.

Food is practically the same - go for what atmosphere is more appealing to you!

We had dinner at T Rex for the first time, it was really fun! The kids (and adults!) loved the dinosaurs and meteor shower. We thought the food was really good. The only thing I would say is, if you like to see, don't sit in the ice cave room. The lighting was fun, but, harsh on the eyes. We will definitely go again, but I will request to sit elsewhere. I have a couple Rainforest Cafes near me, so I just feel like it's something I could do at home. Have a great time!

Another vote for T-Rex! The food was okay but the atmosphere was what sold us! Our youngest son (6 at the time) just loved it and begged us to come back to eat in each of the different rooms.

We really enjoyed T-rex, we thought the atmosphere/ themeing was better, we liked rainforest too though. T-rex seemed a bit louder and darker would have been our only 'negatives'

I agree on the darkness factor. However, when you're there during the busy, hot months, the dark cool atmosphere is a nice reprieve from the blaring sun. For my crazy, active kids, it helps calm them down for a bit and in some weird way subdues them for some eating and relaxation.

Although the food choices are similar, I would say t-Rex's food was a lot better than Rainforest Cafe's. With that being said, I would really just choose based on the theming you prefer. We have a four year old and he loves both, but we will always choose T-Rex when at Disney because we have Rainforest Cafes near us. (Plus there are only two T-Rex's in the country and MANY Rainforest Cafes in lots of different states.) If we didn't have a Rainforest Cafe near us, we would definitely do both for my son when at Disney. Hopes this helps!

We love both! It depends on your children. I see they are both girls, so they may prefer rainforest theme over dinosaurs.

We do both every time we go to Disney for our son. We let him choose half the TS restaurants, and my wife and I choose the other half. TREX and RFC are always the first two he chooses.

Are both loud? Sure, but that's the theme of the place. If you're expecting something different, you didn't do your research very well. I'd rather have the loud "theme" at TREX or RFC than the cafeteria "hum" of BOG any day.

Overpriced? Sure...so is everything else at Disney World.

The food is good, not great, and you will get your belly full...unlike some other ultra popular places at Disney you overpay for as well.

We enjoy both of them.

Pick whichever theme appeals the most to you, and go for it.

We're doing both (with DDs ear protection close at hand) because we've got dinosaur nuts in the family and we know we enjoy RFC in California. We go for the ambiance and find the food acceptable.

But DD and I MUST dine with the dinos. It's just... yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter