T-Rex for birthday meal?

MinaFemme

Mouseketeer
Do you think T-Rex will be "special" enough for my son's 3rd birthday meal? We will be going for lunch. :)

Personally, I would say, yes absolutely! The restaurant is basically like a Rainforest Cafe but (in my opinion), is much more elaborately themed and has better food. We were very impressed when we ate there in December. It has its own gift shop so that might good for a birthday. I definitely think it's a great choice for a child's birthday meal. Enjoy!

Personally, I would say, yes absolutely! The restaurant is basically like a Rainforest Cafe but (in my opinion), is much more elaborately themed and has better food. We were very impressed when we ate there in December. It has its own gift shop so that might good for a birthday. I definitely think it's a great choice for a child's birthday meal. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for your feedback! It is our first trip, and making ADR's are new to me! I definitely plan on letting him Build-a-Dino for his birthday as well!

We also have ressies at Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace and other fun places throughout the week!

Thank you so much for your feedback! It is our first trip, and making ADR's are new to me! I definitely plan on letting him Build-a-Dino for his birthday as well!

We also have ressies at Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace and other fun places throughout the week!

Wow, first trip! You are going to be blown away and amazed by the whole experience! Congrats-- you'll be an addict like the rest of us in no time :)

ADR planning can be stressful, especially when it's your first trip. But it will definitely be worth it. Chef Mickey's is one of my absolute favorites in all of WDW, and Crystal Palace is a great place to eat as well! The Pooh characters are great. Enjoy the trip!

FWIW, places like T-rex and Rainforest can be very hit or miss when taking little kids. We took DS at 3 to our local Rainforest cafe and he barely made it through ordering. Before our food came DH had to take him out to the mall's food court, and i had our food boxed up, paid, and left. Ate at the food court.

Next time, at RFC at Disneyland, he did a little better, but still didn't ENJOY it.

But then as he got older he wanted to eat there, and he does better now. But not if we're sitting right near something that makes noise.

We went to T-rex when he was 6 or 7, and it was borderline overwhelming; he would have appreciated earplugs. So would I, actually. The only thing that got him through the meal was the fact that we were surrounded by herbivore dinosaurs, not carnivores. Even at 6 or7 he was still a bit worried that they weren't REALLY animatronic. :) And it is INCREDIBLY noisy in there.

so go, and if he does well, YAY! But also be prepared to leave if he gets too overwhelmed. Have a plan; who goes with him and who gets the food boxed up, etc. Makes those quick exits easier if no one is having an issue with the concept of leaving, and if no one feels put upon to do whatever they are being asked to do.

Hope that helps!

We went there for my son's 4th and we all loved it. Was two years ago and he still brings it up. Ask for the ice cave!

Make sure to bring advil...when you leave you will have a horrible headache. It's so loud its hard to even talk to the person sitting next to you.

Definitely!! We had our rehearsal dinner there and it was absolutely great. Lots of fun, pretty good food, and a great atmosphere.

Keep in mind it is incredibly loud in there.

we went in January and it was a stark. raving. circus. :scared1:
the place was jammed, they 'lost' our reservations until I lost
my temper, then they miraculously found it again. We went because
we thought our kids (8 and 9) would like it, and they did not.
My daughter begged to leave because of the noise.

the only thing that got me through that meal was the cotton candy
cocktails.

I'm a little worried my 13 year old ( this is for his 13 birsthday) son has sensory hearing issues with loud noices but he has wanted to be a palintologest since 3 this will def be his fav res . Any suggestions on a section that would be the best for us? I'm def bring ear plugs. I have to have them for the fire works and stuff too.

My 6 year old still is a little unsure of the place. It's loud and the dinos really seems real so just be prepared. He may love it OR be scared to death!!!

I think at 3 years old there is a good chance he'll be terrified. They are not happy, friendly dinosaurs. You may want to have a backup plan in mind in case he freaks out.

Just took our kids here in April. Our 3 year old was semi-interested... for about 5 minutes. Then he could have been anywhere. Our 10.5 month old was totally uninterested.

It was a really neat experience. The atmosphere and food were great. We don't have children and would definitely go back some day

Make sure to bring advil...when you leave you will have a horrible headache. It's so loud its hard to even talk to the person sitting next to you.

I second this. Also, the food wasn't great for us. It's a total sensory overload.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter