• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

T-Rex discounts did NOT go through

Are we sure you are supposed to be able to use them together?

If they have an order in which they are to be used, it does not sound like they are supposed to be used together.

Of course, they should have taken *one* of them (except that the terms and conditions say that points can't be earned when using a Safari Club discount, which the 1.99 kid's meal could be considered, and maybe it all got confused b/c of the 1.99 meal), and they should have done what they said they were going to do. But the basic understanding that both *should* be used might be wrong, which would be good to clarify with Landry's.

The question about use order has to do with the expiration dates, because the birthday reward has a shorter "life" than the welcome reward but the welcome reward cannot be deferred and is specifically good on your first visit. That's why the FAQ question is so specific in naming those two specific rewards - because that situation can only arise with the welcome/birthday reward combo. Points rewards can be deferred to use the birthday credit first if your bill isn't going to be enough to justify using both.

I've used multiple rewards at a couple of Landry's locations without any problems - they allow you to defer points-based rewards up to a total of a couple hundred dollars and we let ours accumulate to combine with my birthday reward for our annual Mother's Day/birthday brunch with my mom. Standard operating procedure is to allow them to be used together and I haven't seen anything to suggest that has changed (May @ T-Rex was the last time I did so - a points reward + my birthday reward). But even if only one can be redeemed, that still doesn't explain the issue Dawn had because NONE of the discounts were applied to the amount she was charged in the end.

We had an issue last weekend at Rainforest. I took my sister and her friend out to lunch (they're 14). Her friend had cash to pay her bill ($18) and I used my card to pay our bill ($48) Well, our server switched the bills, took the cash and charged my card to pay the ($18) tab. I stopped a manager to get it corrected, and you would have thought I had grown an extra head. I could have left ... but I was trying to do the right thing. It was frustrating!

Where you looking at the credit card on-line or did you get an actual statement. The reason I ask is are you sure that the full amount is not a pending charge. When they ran your card the first time, a pending charging could have been put on that will never actually come through. I had this happen recently with something.

We went to RFC a few weeks ago, after our AK day. We had 2 of the kids meals reading rewards and then I had 125.00 in gift cards. I left the tip in cash, though normally I don't have cash on hand, I'm glad I did that evening. Sounds like mistakes in charging is somewhat common with Landry's.

The next day Kona charged my room for our meal, instead of using our dining credits and charging the gift card for the tip and coffee. We caught that before we left the restaurant though.

Online. That could be, although why do they do that?

Where you looking at the credit card on-line or did you get an actual statement. The reason I ask is are you sure that the full amount is not a pending charge. When they ran your card the first time, a pending charging could have been put on that will never actually come through. I had this happen recently with something.

Are both charges showing? The more expensive one, and the one you should have paid? Did they run your card more than once?

When they finally charged the right bill, it took a full business week for the the ($18) charge to become "unheld".

Online. That could be, although why do they do that?
They run a pending payment through the system - just to make sure your card can cover the charge. The actual payment shows up a day or two later. Although you can usually tell the difference between a pending charge and an actual charge on your credit card website.

The card was run through twice. I only see the higher charge on there though.

Are both charges showing? The more expensive one, and the one you should have paid? Did they run your card more than once?

When they finally charged the right bill, it took a full business week for the the ($18) charge to become "unheld".

The card was run through twice. I only see the higher charge on there though.

Its possible the smaller one just hasn't shown. This happens all the time in retail! Its why you never return if you plan to buy something else, because it can take up to a week for a pending transaction to actually post. I've also had statements were the wrong charge stays on there for quite a while but it finally rights itself. Give it a week or so!

OP: if you have the signed/dated receipt in hand, contact your charge company, put the (overage) charge in dispute now. They will send you the form, fill it out and let THEM fight for you. They will immediately put a "hold" on that portion of your bill so you do not pay it ...while they investigate. I have found both Visa and even Better/quicker results with Amex...both times, in my favor, with detailed info provided by me.
I would also recommend writing down the sequence of events/mishaps and any names/details now while they are fresh in your mind so you can be as clear and concise for the investigation.
You can also write a letter to Landrys Corp (on line info for address/corporate person) and explain how frustrated and disappointed you are in their customer service and tell them you are disputing the issue (w/your cc) as well.
Id put my energy where youll get the most help, thru your cc, as they represent and are interested in YOU, unlike the restaurant..
Best of Luck, and let us know how it works out.
Pixie dust your way pixiedust:

I thought that the $25 birthday reward clearly says at the bottom it can not be combined with any other offers, maybe that's why it didn't go through, the system maybe would not allow the override to apply three discounts to one check. I was not allowed to use the $25 and the 1.99 kids meal at T. rex in October. My waitress said the computer will only allow one to b applied.

I would give it a few days for the pending charges to actually settle. I have had the higher charge run (not at RFC or TRex), then when it was finally settled, it was correct.

I'm yet to not have an issue at TRex. They seem to care less too and none of it was over discounts.

website says the following in regards to discounts at T-Rex:

Landry'sYak & Yeti Quick Serve, Build-A-Bear®, Build-A-Dino® and Paleo Zone at T-REX Cafe and International locations (except Rainforest Cafe Toronto) are not included in this program

It's found under frequently asked questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter