T-rex cafe

PrincessSuzanne

<font color=red>Guess I will be eating crow tonigh
I just had to share about our experience with T-Rex Cafe, it was out of this world wonderful. I can't wait to go back.

We had an 8pm ressie on Saturday June 6th and were seated promptly at 8pm (we tried to get in earlier but couldn't). We had the best waiter, Jason, he was so nice and very attentive. We sat next to the big Triceratops, which was soooo cute. It was a bit loud, but not as loud as and fussy as RFC and the food was much better and didn't taste like processed food products. I ventured out on the wild side and ordered the Triceratop Filet, which was perfectly cooked and cut like hot butter, it was well worth $30. Dh had the Stegosaurus Steak and Cheese sandwich, which looked equally delicious. We couldn't have asked for better service and Jason even surprised me with a birthday dessert and sang to me.

Did I mention that I can't wait to go back? I think I will book an ADR for our September and December trips.

BTW, I was also able to use my Safari Card from RFC to get the 10% discount

Suzanne

We have not booked our ADR but I was excited about T-Rex. Now even more so!!!! Thanks for the positive review!!! I just have to wait till the 23 to book!!!

We have not booked our ADR but I was excited about T-Rex. Now even more so!!!! Thanks for the positive review!!! I just have to wait till the 23 to book!!!

I am glad it helped you decide. I have to wait until the 25th to book for our Sept trip. It was the best place we ate the whole week.

Suzanne

I booked our ressie for September 12th at 7:30pm. My DS 2 LOVES dinosaurs and Im hoping he will enjoy this tremendously!!!

:thumbsup2 we were there the 6th too, but for lunch not dinner. We had a great lunch there! The food was wonderful, there service was great, and we can't wait to go back either! I was a little worried of long lines since I've read that here before, but I checked in and was at a table about 2 min. later

I would go back anytime:yay:

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

I have booked T-Rex for my hubby, son, and nephew in August. The girls (me, my daughter and nephews friend) are doing the Tea at GF so I thought this would be nice for them. Happy to hear a good review. :thumbsup2

We did 4 sit downs this trip

CM's B/F
50's
Ohana
T-rex

T-rex was my favorite. I had some kind of chicken sandwich that was yummo!! We did wait a while for our food but it was worth the wait everything was fresh and good. The waffle fries were sooo good. I want some NOW.:worship:

:thumbsup2 we were there the 6th too, but for lunch not dinner. We had a great lunch there! The food was wonderful, there service was great, and we can't wait to go back either! I was a little worried of long lines since I've read that here before, but I checked in and was at a table about 2 min. later

I would go back anytime:yay:

Oh, yes, as soon as you check in, get in the line inside and they will seat you immediately if you had an ADR (we didn't realize this at first) and we waiting for our name to be called, then Dh went in and we were taken right to our table. Those with no ressie had to wait until their name was called to go to the desk inside.

We did 4 sit downs this trip

CM's B/F
50's
Ohana
T-rex

T-rex was my favorite. I had some kind of chicken sandwich that was yummo!! We did wait a while for our food but it was worth the wait everything was fresh and good. The waffle fries were sooo good. I want some NOW.:worship:

That was what came with Dh's sandwich, they were the best fries I have had in a long time, better than my mashed potatoes which were great. I had slaw instead of the veggies and I don't like slaw, but this was gooooood.

Suzanne

I am glad it helped you decide. I have to wait until the 25th to book for our Sept trip. It was the best place we ate the whole week.

Suzanne

You can call the restaurant directly to make a priority seating, and you can do it more than 90 days out that way. I called more like 93 days out and had my pick of any time I wanted, even for a Saturday.

so which is the better way of getting a reservation ?Calling disney dining or T-rex itself ?

Oh I am glad to hear you had a great time...I am really looking forward to going here! We have dinner ressies on Aug 2nd...our first day at the park! I thought this would be a great place to start our trip. I called T-Rex directly for our ressie and had no problem getting one (and no hold time!) :banana:

so which is the better way of getting a reservation ?Calling disney dining or T-rex itself ?

when you want to go and it's greater than 90 days call the restaurant directly. It seems based on other posts that T Rex turns over a certain number of tables to Disney Dining. Since most people know to call that number those book up pretty quickly. I made our ressies (priority seating in T Rex lingo) before Disney Dining took them and was well before the 90 day mark.

It's good to see the positive reviews. We normally ate at the RFC in DTD on our first night. I made the decision to change to T Rex. My son seemed to be disappointed when I told him of the move. Hopefully dinner Monday night will change that.

Personally I think it's better to call them directly. I know that for the day I was calling for, people were saying there was little availability through the dining line. But like I said, I could have picked anytime I wanted when I called. So I think they aren't allowing the dining line to book all their tables or something. Also there was no wait, and I had a couple of questions and they could answer them first hand. So I would go that route...

Thanks for the review, I'm booking T-Rex for our first evening at the World!

You can call the restaurant directly to make a priority seating, and you can do it more than 90 days out that way. I called more like 93 days out and had my pick of any time I wanted, even for a Saturday.

Now that you mention it, that is what I did, I was thinking about Planet Hollywood. I did book closer to our trip and had a good bit of eligibility, though. I am so gald you reminded me. I didn't know you could even book T-Rex through Disney Dining. See how the mind loses all when you go on vacation :eek:

Suzanne

I have seen mention that T-Rex will take Rainforest coupons. Anyone know if they accept the free kids meal ones? I have 2 from our trip to Disneyland and planned to use in WDW. While we like Rainforest I thought it would be fun to try T-Rex this time.

I have seen mention that T-Rex will take Rainforest coupons. Anyone know if they accept the free kids meal ones? I have 2 from our trip to Disneyland and planned to use in WDW. While we like Rainforest I thought it would be fun to try T-Rex this time.

No, they will NOT take them. I had the $10 off $25 and was told they don't take RFC coupons. They did however, give me the Safari Card discount of 10%.

Suzanne

I hope they have a few $10 off $25 coupons out there somewhere for September.....We are going to RFC too!!! be nice to get that $10 off!!!

I just wanted to confirm that you can book T-Rex earlier than 90 day's by calling direct. (I did for T-Rex). Here is the message I got from them as well as the pertinent number to call.

Thank you for your inquiry into T-REX Orlando-now open!

T-Rex transports you back in time on a prehistoric journey that the entire family can enjoy! Discover a whole new world where your carnivores and herbivores can both feast together amongst life-size dinosaurs, giant, woolly mammoths and meteor showers every 20 minutes! Sink your teeth into some of our mouthwatering signature creations unearthed from the fiery flames of our Kitchen of Fire. Don’t forget explore our Dino Store where the paleontologist in you can dig up that perfect souvenir and create your own Build-A-Dino explorer!

We are now accepting priority seating’s where you are put in line for the next available table in parties of 8 or less. You may call the restaurant directly at 407-828-TREX to make yours! If you have a Safari Club membership through Rainforest Café, T-Rex honors the free appetizer of the day benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter