T-Rex BAD

ppiew

DIS Veteran
We went there for dinner several weeks ago and absolutely NOTHING was good! I have eaten there twice before - last year and the year before when first opened, the first time it was great in every way, the second time it had slipped a little, but this time really bad and won't go back. After 20 min I had to search for a server to wait on us, ordered drinks 12 min before we received them, ordered appetizers - another 20 min and they gave us the WRONG dish! We started to eat it when server came by and I told him this was NOT what we ordered and he INSISTED in bringing another appetizer which I told him repeatedly we did not want at that point. Brought it anyway and said he wouldn't charge us!! HUH? Entree was another 30 min. My granddaughters was too tuff to chew (steak) and mine was totally tasteless. Searched for waiter again to get bill. Finally - when he asked how was the meal i told him. He said 'sorry' and turned and walked away/ Others in the serving staff were watching this so they knew it was substandard. Anyway - no will not go back. Also friends of ours (with 10 in their party) went there 2 days later and had even worse service/food. The Grandfather (who worked in food service for 30 years) asked to speak with a Manager and was told 'none was available.' So big NO to TREX.

We ate lunch there over Memorial Weekend 2014 and enjoyed our meal. But the teens had burgers and fries and I had nachos.

We didn't do apps or dessert. We must have gotten lucky with our server. He made sure to keep our drink glasses filled too.

Sorry you had such a rotten meal.

That stinks.

We ate there in February and everything was as good as the first time, IMO. We head back there for our arrival dinner in September.

Yes, we had a similar experience last year. 7 of us, and it was bad. Bad service, bad food. Looking at all the good everyone says on here I was wondering if it was just me:confused3 we have always had good food/service at rainforest though, so that what we stick with. Although this time we are trying HOB.

Tried T-Rex last August because my son really wanted to. We have a Rainforest up here and we've been a few times. It's okay. Not great, but not bad. Typical chain restaurant food. That's what I was expecting from T-Rex too.

We were very, very pleasantly surprised! The waiter we had was the best of our entire week there! He was very attentive, interacted well with the kids, never missed a beat on anything.

Food was also much better than expected. We all had different sandwiches/entrees and everyone was pleased with their selection. We split the huge dessert (can't remember the name!) with brownies and ice cream and such. Again, yummy!

We wouldn't hesitate to try it again, just isn't working into our schedule this year!

It's been a while since we have ate at T-Rex. We got the Supersaurus Sampler for our App and we enjoyed it. We all got the Ribs for our entree. I don't know if we just didn't care for that style of ribs, but we didn't like them at all. They were very dry and just hard to eat/chew. We shared the Chocolate Extinction for Dessert , the presentation was kinda neat when they brought it out, but we didn't think it was anything really special. Overall we would probably not be back. Not really because the food was all that bad, but we would just rather go somewhere else that we know we like, or even try somewhere new.

Well that's lousy. We've been quite a few times and have had good experiences. Service and food has never disappointed us. Sorry you had a bad experience...that's never fun, especially on vacation.

We found it ok, pretty standard food, we wont be rushing back but tbh we went for the atmosphere rather than the food :)

Sorry that you had such a bad experience.

We have been there x3 and always had good service and good food. It's terrible when bad service can really ruin your meal.

We went and got food poisoning. One of my group ended up with a kidney infection as a result. She was down and out for 3 days of a 7 day trip -- had to go to urgent care etc... It was a nightmare. Luckily it was two separate families together so two adults took care of the sick ones and the other adults took the well ones to the parks.

The service was awful and the poisoning just added insult to injury -- never again for us!

Ate there in April and I didn't like it at all. Wait staff was okay. Didn't have the problems you had. It was just that the food was terrible. I expected the dinosaur atmosphere but I found it a little too much for me and my family. Also the noise level was terrible. I couldn't hear a thing my husband was saying who was sitting right across from me.

my sister loves it but I just don't see why. the food is never better than okay (IMO), its way to loud (again IMO), wait time to get in even with a reservation can be extremely long and its really crowded. its on my 'don't go unless you have to' list.
unfortunately I will be there with my sister in the fall as she has made a reservation for us......:scared1:

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

We ate there almost two years ago and it was about what I expected. Really overpriced mediocre food. We didn't have great service but it was so busy that I didn't expect much. We will go back in December just because my son loves dinos so much.

We ear at RC a lot (same blah food) because there is one close to us. For a long time, Every time I went I tried something different hoping I will find something good and it never happened yet. My strategy is to eat before I go and just order a salad there. It's really just for the kids.

OP, shame to hear you didn't have a good time. Its only your 1st bad experience out of 3, sure every time should be great but sometimes you get a server on a bad day and things go wrong. perhaps you should have asked to speak to a manager earlier on.
I hope you previously mentioned your great meal :goodvibes

There are so many great places to eat at WDW, have fun trying them. :thumbsup2

Tried T-Rex last August because my son really wanted to. We have a Rainforest up here and we've been a few times. It's okay. Not great, but not bad. Typical chain restaurant food. That's what I was expecting from T-Rex too.

This was us. It was good, not great. It was fun for all though and the kids had a blast. Not somewhere I'd go without kids, but we'd go back.

I ate there in March 2011 and the food was awful. Like, shockingly bad. I sat at the bar and the service was fine. But the food was basically inedible. I have never understood why people like this place, aside from the dinosaur theming. I'm so sorry your meal was bad but I'm afraid I'm not surprised!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter