• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

T-Mobile in Chicago?

Prisstina

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of switching from AT&T to T-Mobile. Does anyone else here who lives in Chicago (or surrounds) have T-Mobile? What's your coverage like?
Right now I'm with AT&T and my coverage (south subs) is awful and they charge like a wounded bull. :sad1:

If I thought it was any good, I'd switch right away because I'm tired of being overcharged for poor service. My contract is up in a few months, anyway. My only concern is that coverage will be sub-par and I'll be stuck with a carrier that can't give me decent coverage in either Chicago or Los Angeles (I travel a lot for work).

Thanks, guys. :cheer2:

Can't speak specifically to Chicago, but I have found the coverage maps on their website to be quite accurate.

I don't live in Chicago, so I can't speak to service there, but here in Houston I really hate paying for 4G service and usually not getting it. Over all since I upgraded to my Samsung s2 and T-Mobile forced me to also upgrade my plan to 4G, the data service has been much worse than when I had only 3G.

My friends who live in the city have good luck with T-Mobile. When they get out here to the burbs it gets spotty. I think if you only go from metropolitan Chicago to metropolitan LA you would be fine.

Thanks Carl and StitchesGr8Fan for your replies.

Last night I went out for dinner with friends. One of them who lives in the same neighborhood as me is actually switching to T-Mobile today (!!), so I'm going to see what his coverage/experience is like and go from there. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again, everyone.

Thanks Carl and StitchesGr8Fan for your replies.

Last night I went out for dinner with friends. One of them who lives in the same neighborhood as me is actually switching to T-Mobile today (!!), so I'm going to see what his coverage/experience is like and go from there. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again, everyone.

im not sure how true this is, but when i had my tmobile phone tester, i notice that every time i make a call, the cell signals just DROPS. So make sure u call with it and test the phone coverage.

Another good source you can use is this one --> http://www.rootmetrics.com/
this site has user tested coverage/speed on it so you dont have to go around with a friend and try it, its already done for u. :]

im not sure how true this is, but when i had my tmobile phone tester, i notice that every time i make a call, the cell signals just DROPS. So make sure u call with it and test the phone coverage.

Another good source you can use is this one --> http://www.rootmetrics.com/
this site has user tested coverage/speed on it so you dont have to go around with a friend and try it, its already done for u. :]

Thanks so much for those links - very helpful. Means I don't have to wait to see how my recently-switched-to-T-Mobile friend likes his service! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter