T&C's Disney Dining Adventure!

San Angel Inn: Dinner (DDP)
We love this place! We ate here on our last trip, and we just had to come back. The atmosphere is incredible! Nothing like any other restaurant at Disney. It is really romantic with all the lights and it being dark. We had a reservation for 6 PM, but checked in at 5:20 so we could request to sit by the water. We were seated at 5:30. Our waitress was really bad! It was disappointing because on our last visit we had the most amazing service EVER. But this girl took forever to bring drinks and give refills. She was nice and all, but really clueless.
Everyone gets chips. They don't count as an appetizer. They just bring them out. Really good.
315.jpg

I got the Pollo a Las Rajas (Chicken with Cream Sauce, Rice, Peppers, Onions & Mushrooms). This was seriously incredible! :thumbsup2 $24
322.jpg

DBF got the Rib Eye Tacos. He said these were okay, but nothing special. He was really jealous of mine. :lmao: $24
323.jpg

I chose the White Chocolate Bread Pudding for dessert. This was good, kind of dry, but the caramel sauce they put on it was to die for! I just wanted a cup of the sauce to eat. :laughing: $6.75. I had gotten the flan on our last trip. It was average, but did have the amazing caramel sauce.
324.jpg

So DBF is very simple. He was really excited about getting to order plain vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce. :lmao: I have to admit it was actually really good. I would have been happy with that. $5.75
325.jpg

Absolutely amazing!
319.jpg

321.jpg

It's hard to take pics here because it's so dark. But it's seriously awesome! We will be back here every trip. :cloud9: It's also cool to watch the boat ride go by, the little kids wave and stuff. Really cute.

Fyi...It's really hard to look at menus for this place because they change daily! So whatever you find online really won't be accurate.

Total: $69.53. 1 TS credit each.

Enjoying the reviews and photo's. I too loooove the risoto from LeCellier infact we have a lunch ADR scheduled for our September trip---I'm going to get 2 side orders of risoto as my meal---can't wait!!

Can't wait for more of your review!

Cyndi

Thanks! Congrats on getting to eat some soon! I keep craving that risotto!!! Haha. I'm thinking about writing a song about it. :lmao: Jk.

I like hearing more and more good San Angel Inn reviews:) I like to think every restaurant has the potential for greatness ;) Now Backlot Express on the other hand I've only heard reviews like "It's a burger...you get what you pay for" oh well! In DHS we ended eating breakfast at our hotel, a snack at starring rolls such as those awesome cupcakes (or one of their yummy sandwiches) and then dinner at the restaurants as three of them we love.

Great reviews! So at Flame Tree BBQ the keylime is really a pudding? I wasn't expecting that

I like hearing more and more good San Angel Inn reviews:) I like to think every restaurant has the potential for greatness ;) Now Backlot Express on the other hand I've only heard reviews like "It's a burger...you get what you pay for" oh well! In DHS we ended eating breakfast at our hotel, a snack at starring rolls such as those awesome cupcakes (or one of their yummy sandwiches) and then dinner at the restaurants as three of them we love.

Great reviews! So at Flame Tree BBQ the keylime is really a pudding? I wasn't expecting that

Thanks! They definitely do! I want to get to starring rolls next time. Which restaurants do you like for dinner there? We have only been to Sci-Fi before for lunch. I'd like to try another TS there. Yes it is a pudding- really weird looking, especially with the jello. :confused3

Pinocchio Village Haus: Lunch (DDP)

I had always wanted to try this place because you can see Small World from the dining room. We got here at 11 am. DBF grabbed a good table by the windows, and I got in line. We both just got the chicken nugget combo meals. The line to order was really short, but I ended up waiting half an hour to get our food! Apparently there was a new chic making the food, and she didn't realize that you had to have food ready right at 11. :confused3 She had decided to put it in at 11 without realizing that you had to have time to cook it. The older lady that was waiting to plate the food was yelling at her the whole time and apologizing to me and everyone else that was waiting.

We both got the 8 chicken nuggets with fries & the strawberry cheesecake. Large Coke & bottled water. These were ok. To me, the chicken nuggets taste just like the ones from Burger King...:eek: So I gave them to DBF cause he loves them. :lmao: The strawberry cheesecake was amazing!!! I may have eaten both of them. :rolleyes1
327.jpg

Dining Room
329.jpg

View of "it's a small world" out the windows
328.jpg

We will prob come back here. The view is really cool. It's amazing how quiet it was because all the kids were too mesmerized by watching the ride out the window. :rotfl: The dining rooms are really well themed too.

Total: $29.13. 1 QS credit each.

We really enjoyed Pizza Planet when we tried it several years ago. We might go again next trip. The only problem is DH doesn't like pizza! Can't wait to try SAI!

Enjoying your reviews and looking forward to reading more!

Enjoyed the reviews! Ive always wanted to try PVH but the menu never really seemed appealing altho Im thinking I may just have to try a pizza..

Cinderella's Royal Table- Dinner (OOP)
DBF surprised me with this reservation. He woke up really early 180 days out and called to make it. :lovestruc We had reservations for 5:45 PM. Online it says to be there early to check in and take your picture. We showed up at 5:30 to check in, and this extremely rude lady told us that we weren't allowed to check in until 5 mins before. :scared1: I was like wth? The line to check-in was really long, and I was worried that we would miss our reservation. At 5:40 we walked back up to the podium and were stuck behind two different parties trying to make reservations! It was 5:45, and I started freaking out because I figured the mean lady would try to give away our reservation. :lmao: Finally, at 5:47, evil lady checked us in, only after lecturing us about how we could not expect to check in early :mad:. Yikes, we had so many rude CM's on this trip! DBF was really surprised at this because he is also a CM and knows how you are supposed to behave with guests. :rotfl2:

We were finally given a pager and ushered inside to a lobby where Cinderella was to take pictures. This was the worst Cinderella ever!!! :eek: She said hello, took your picture, and that was it. She didn't talk or anything. I thought it might be because we weren't kids, but she was that way with all the other families we saw. :confused3 DBF said that she was specifically for photos because she looked exactly like Cinderella. She wouldn't be placed in the park because of her lack of acting skills. Oh I love having insider CM knowledge. :worship: Hahaha.

After like ten minutes, we were told to go up the stairs to be seated. We got a table on the top level overlooking the windows to Fantasyland.
(Dark pic, but you get the idea)
336.jpg

338.jpg

Our waitress was okay. She was kind of MIA the whole time though. We got our drinks, just waters and cokes. These are the menus...
335.jpg

Cool blue cups.
340.jpg

They bring out warm rolls and butter. Really good.
339.jpg

We both started out with the BLT salad. These were soooooooooooo yummy!!! The dressing was incredible. Def one of the best salads at Disney. :banana:
342.jpg

Mine, without egg.
341.jpg

During the appetizer, the wishing ceremony starts. Everyone is given a wishing star that you get to keep. They do this really cute thing where everyone is supposed to hold up their stars and wish really hard.
350.jpg

DBF ordered the Roast Prime Rib of Beef. He thought this was really good.
347.jpg

I got the Herb-Rubbed Roast Chicken. This was surprisingly good. I was really worried about the food here because of all the bad reviews. The mashed potatoes were awesome, but the portion was small. I didn't like that they served the chicken in the juice because the mashed potatoes were the ones that were sitting in it. It made them kinda wet. Still good though.
346.jpg

The characters started coming around. We saw Jasmine, Snow White, Belle, and Ariel. They were all really good. Belle wasn't in her ball gown, just her normal outfit. Such a let down. Ariel was in a ball gown though, so that was weird. It was really pretty. She was the best! For some reason Sleeping Beauty wasn't there. DBF was really bummed bout this. :lmao:

For dessert, we both got the Seasonal Creme Brulee. It was toffee. This was exceptional. :goodvibes We are both Creme Brulee lovers, if that hasn't become obvious. Lol.
352.jpg

I knew that they handed out swords and wands for the kids here. I was really hoping that DBF and I could get one. We were really excited to find that they give one to everyone, no matter how old you are. :woohoo: It was like getting an epic happy meal toy. :rotfl2:
345.jpg

This was a really great experience. We were really impressed with the food. Honestly, the food could have been horrible, we would have been thrilled with just the view alone. It was so fun to get to eat inside the castle. :cutie: It's awesome to get the free photo packet. The picture wasn't that great because our photographer got a shot from the angle of a 3 year old. Oh disney photographers. :confused3 Still great though. DEF worth the money. Great experience. WASTE of DDP though!!!

Total: $60 x 2 = $120

Oh my goodness. You get wands and swords with your meal? I'm soo there. I haven't been back inside the castle since it switched to the Princess Lounge. But those are cool! Thanks for the report and the pics!

Thanks so much for such awesome pictures and reviews! I am leaving in under 2 weeks and you have dined at so many of the places we have ADRs at (and the counter serv places too). Glad to see the pics of the Pollo a la Rajas @ San Angel and the Herb Chicken @ CRT. They look so good and definitely what I will be ordering.

Looking forward to more.

'Ohana's- Breakfast (DDP)

This was my first time eating here. DBF used to eat here a lot with his family. We had reservations at 9:35 AM. When we got there it was packed! The staff was in a hurry to get everyone checked in and in line for pictures. They give you a lei for the picture that you get to keep. We had to wait about fifteen minutes for our table.
Inside the restaurant...
394.jpg

The view...
392.jpg

Our waitress was very nice. She made sure that we got to see all the characters. It was very rushed though! :scared1: Before you could even take a bite of anything the next dish was on the table. There was a good assortment of food...
First, the amazing juice and coffee. I don't remember exactly what blend of fruits it was but it was luscious. :cloud9:
389.jpg

Breads, one was pineapple and one was raisin. These were both very fresh and soft.
390.jpg

Fruit plate, it was average. Wasn't all the way ripe yet. :confused3
391.jpg

The main course...biscuits, potatoes, sausage, bacon, eggs. These were average. Nothing to rave about. Not served hot either. :sad2: The mickey waffles were drama! Someone carries a tray of them around the restaurant and stops at your table to give you waffles. You each get one. If you ask for more, they give you one more and quickly walk away. This did not fly for DBF who LOVES these things. They don't come back to your table either. :headache:
397.jpg

Since our waitress was so nice and realized how much we liked the juice...she gave us the whole pitcher! :cool1:
399.jpg

Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, & Stitch came around. The interaction was very quick for our group of tables. I think Chef Mickey's had better character interaction. But it was cute to see the characters in their Hawaiian outfits.

We definitely won't be back here next trip. The view was great, but the food was only average and the meal felt so rushed.

Total: $23 x 2 = $46
1 TS credit each

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter