Sword in the Stone

Big Momma

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone knew the 'trick' for getting the sword out of the stone in MK. We were there in 2008 and all of my kids (and my husband and I) had a try at getting it out to no avail. After we were done, a boy went up and tried and didn't get it. Then a cast member went up beside him and whispered something in his ear. The boy stepped back up and pulled it up on the first try.
I am positive that he was told how to do it but I wasn't paying attention to what he was doing differently.
I think it would be a hoot to have one of my kids get it next visit (in Oct).
:confused3
Just wondering...sorry if this is a potential spoiler!

I don't know if they do it anymore, but Merlin used to come out and do a show, picking one child from the audience to pull it out and thus becoming Ruler for the Day, or some such.

When we went in 2005 my daughter was one of the ones picked and we still have her medal and certificate from it. As if she needed a bigger swelled head :grin:

I'd like to know if they still have the sword, of if the CM's control who gets to do the sword how you get picked also.

The sword is possessed by the same kind of force field that lets Push (the trash can) address your child by name (or tell dirty jokes to adult guests) or that lets the camel next to Aladdins's Carpits accurately spit on the head of some passer-by.

It may allow itself to be pulled out even when no one else is nearby.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

are times when a CM is lurking near the sword and will "help" a child pull it out. My son was one of those children a few years ago. The CM told him he was able to pull the sword out because he believed in magic.

I was just there in April, there was a little boy trying to pull out the sword, when he was done my son and a little girl ran up, The little girl went first and when she pulled the sword it came up. Then it went down while she was still standing there it came up and down again :rotfl2: You had to see the look on her face and my sons. Then the little girl walked away. My son went up and nothing.:sad2: He was so sad. No one approached her when she pulled it up. That was the first time I ever seen it come up. She did have a birthday pin on, maybe someone saw it was her birthday and hit a switch for it to come up:confused3 On maybe its just random:confused3. So how may times does it take to pull up the sword? The world will never know! :lmao:

Too funny you are all talking about it, we just saw the movie for the first time tonight. Where is this sword at WDW? My kids will try it, maybe get lucky?:confused3

my son was lucky enough to do it on our last trip. we started talking to a cm and he was from brooklyn, we are from staten island. he convinced ds to try it . my ds touched it and it went up, he got freaked out and pulled his hands away it was quite funny

Too funny you are all talking about it, we just saw the movie for the first time tonight. Where is this sword at WDW? My kids will try it, maybe get lucky?:confused3

and easy to miss. It is by the carousel on the side facing Cinderella's Castle.

My nephew was playing around the Sword in the Stone during the "Year of a Million Dreams" he went up to the sword and pulled it up...at the same moment, a cast member came up and declared him "Prince for the Day". They gave him a certificate signed by Cinderella and a sticker that said Prince for the Day on it... He was pretty excited... We were hoping for Dream Fast Passes but no such luck...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter