sword in stone

karamac

Mouseketeer
does the sword at MK ever come out of the stone? I thought that at one time it used to come out daily

there used to be a scheduled show called the sword in the stone ceremony, that ended some time ago.

the mechanism is still in place though so occasionally, lucky children are able to pull it out

Only when the rightful king of the realm (or queen... princess... prince...) touches the sword will it rise from its rest!

...:thumbsup2

Let's just say yes. This happens.

My grandson tried his best a couple weeks ago, but alas, he was not the rightful King apparently! ;)

After 15 years of trying, our son finally was able to pull the sword from the stone !!! :goodvibes :banana: :banana:
IMG_1563.jpg

Last Thanksgiving, my 11 yr old pulled it out 3 times in a row. You should have seen the look in his eyes. My DS is a tall skinny, if he weighs 85 lbs soaking wet kid. Well there was an big brawny man standing near the stone who looked at my son in disbelief. He told my son you have no idea how many people have walked by and tried that sword. As soon as my son walked away, the big brawny guy tried it and he could not get it out :rotfl2:

So, the thing must be on a timer, but of course my son is the really the rightful King of the Kingdom:love:

My 7 year old pulled it out in July. I was with my dd at BBB and he and his father were fooling around, trying to pull it out for a while, when suddenly it happened! :banana: This was shortly after RD. Then they spent a bit trying to push it when finally someone from the dream team approached them. She said she had been watching them for a while and told my ds that to get it to go back in he had to wave his hand over the top. When he did it magically went back down. She explained to my ds that only one person/day is able to pull it out and therefore he was the "prince of the day". He got a large sticker to wear, certificate, and an 'any ride' fastpass good for his whole family!:yay: My dh said that the dreamteam person looked to be controlling the sword by something in her pocket because after she explained how to make it go back in she stuck her hand in her pocket...and the sword went back in.:wizard:

My daughter did it today! She's 5 and was wanting to go on the carousel and walked past the sword and for the first time noticed it. She went to go up to it and some other 'rude' kids pushed past her and went to the sword so mommy can get a picture. They pulled and pulled, Nothing!

Then my daughter walks up to it and pulls at it -- I take a picture and put the camera away so we can go on the carousel. Then she keeps pulling at it and OMG, out comes the sword!

DD5 was sooooo excited! Then a Dream Squad person comes up and did their thing and DD got a big sticker with Cinderella that says "Honorary Princess of the Day" and we got a card to commemorate the event. DD was more interested in going on the carousel because the line was getting long that she didn't want to wait for the Dream Squad person to do anything. The Dream Squad gentleman was very kind.

MKhead72 - great picture and congrats! That's awesome.

I never knew that it randomly came out, so we're going to have to try to pull it out again.

it's not random either. unless you mean random in the new non-random way.

so are you going to give us a hint if it is not random in a meaning-less way>>>> hint please!

If anyone knows how it works it would be kinds killin' the magic to post it on the internet! :( and as far as getting your kid to be the lucky one, I can honestly tell you, you cannot ensure that or even influence it. So just accept that it is magic and have fun with it! <3
so are you going to give us a hint if it is not random in a meaning-less way>>>> hint please!
Really there is no hint!

:confused3

So how does it "decide" when to come out? LOL.

When the rightful king of England touches it... you guys don't listen :p

How do I put it into magic-safe language :confused3

It's my job as a Fantasyland Dreammaker to supervise Magical Events when they happen to occur due to magic... and there is no trick to it... so you're better off accepting the magic :D

it ISN'T: timed, the "100th person" or anything like that, the first person on a ride, etc etc etc... no trick! Really I promise. This is one that will happen to you if you're lucky, period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter