Switching TAs to get a better deal?

PrincessRileysMom

Mouseketeer
Not sure which forum is best to post this in...

I booked with a TA, but she used my pin code so it's not like she found me the deal. And I've been doing all the ADRs anyway (she did find me a better time for one, though). But I found another deal out there that could potentially be way better. How does one go about switching their reservation with another company? Is it not worth the hassle? Would I lose my ADRs? Is there a big fee to do this?

Thanks!

As far as Disney is concerned, the TA officially "owns" the reservation. You would need to either get the TA to release the reservation back to you, or cancel it. You won't lose your ADRs as those are completely separate from the resort reservation. You might incur a fee -- that depends on the TA's policies; unless you are within the cancellation period (45 days for package, I think it's 5 days for a room-only), there is no fee/penalty from WDW. The current TA could give you a hassle about releasing the reservation -- she isn't officially paid until your trip occurs and then she gets commission from WDW.

It may not be worth the hassle of convincing the current TA to release the reservation, but a lesson learned what to do in the future.

Enjoy your vacation!

Word of warning, though. Since the TA owns your vacation, they could conceivably wreck it by cancelling everything before releasing, including ADR's and the reservation itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter