Switching resorts with free dining?

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
We are talking about staying in CSR sun-thurs and then AoA fri and sat night. If free dining comes available how would that work for us? Since FD at values are QS and regular DP at the moderates. I'm not sure which one we would get free. It doesn't really matter I'm just curious, b/c if it's free QS then I would just pay the upgrade for the regular DP.

You'd get free dining with the CSR reservation, because it would come with the park tickets you purchase, as part of your package. You could not do free dining for the AoA stay unless you wanted to buy park tickets again, which wouldn't make sense cost-wise.

DisneyBliss7 said:
We are talking about staying in CSR sun-thurs and then AoA fri and sat night. If free dining comes available how would that work for us? Since FD at values are QS and regular DP at the moderates. I'm not sure which one we would get free. It doesn't really matter I'm just curious, b/c if it's free QS then I would just pay the upgrade for the regular DP.

If you wanted a free dining discount applied to both of those resort stays, you would have to do two totally separate resort packages that included room, park tickets and dining. Which would totally negate the whole point and huge savings of a free dining discount.

Also free dining promos have a 3 night minimum resort stay, so you couldn't do 2 nights at AOA and get an FD discount anyways. Also, the suites would be the only rooms included with an FD promo, the Little Mermaid standard rooms will be blacked out for discounts.

To get a dining plan, you have to book a package that includes room, park tickets and dining (unless you have an annual pass or are eligible for the military room discount, or are on a DVC reservation booked through member services). And for free dining they must be at least 2 day park tickets for everyone age 3 or over, no exceptions.

A split stay at WDW is considered two separate reservations. On a split stay if you want free dining on both stays, you have to book it separately (one dining plan will not carry over to the second reservation) and you have to buy at least 2 day park tickets with EACH reservation. If you didn't buy tickets with the AOA reservation you would have no dining plan at all covering that stay (except any credits you might have left over the day you check out of CSR and into AOA). You couldn't get free dining for a 2 night stay anyway, as free dining packages must be at least three nights.

Since you are only staying 2 nights at AOA, book enough tickets with your package at CSR to cover your full stay, save enough credits to use for the meals you want on the transition day, book a room only reservation at AOA and pay OOP for food for your final night at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter