Switching package & dining reservations

DisneyDebbie

DIS Veteran
So,I don't know how this really works. I have a reservation through the disney site and my 180 day window is tomorrow. I plan to make all my table service reservations tomorrow morning. However, i'm also waiting to see if free dining will be extended to late october. Then I will be booking under free dining promo. I thought that meant you essentially cancel your existing package and rebook, will my dining reservations still connect to my new package?

My experience has been that your dining reservations stand independently of your room reservation. When you make ADRs they will stand with or without dining plan and with or without staying on site....For ADRs with credit card hold you have to cancel them yourself, should you choose not to use them!

You can, when making ARRs, ask if, should you have to cancel your trip, do you need to call and cancel your reservations?...THAT will confirm what the current policy/situation is!...I hope this helps.:flower3:

So,I don't know how this really works. I have a reservation through the disney site and my 180 day window is tomorrow. I plan to make all my table service reservations tomorrow morning. However, i'm also waiting to see if free dining will be extended to late october. Then I will be booking under free dining promo. I thought that meant you essentially cancel your existing package and rebook, will my dining reservations still connect to my new package?

If you are wanting to book multiple days of dining reservations tomorrow, then you must link them to your resort reservation number. As long as you are currently booked with a room and ticket package, adding a free dining discount will only be a modification to your current reservation. The only reason you would have to cancel and rebook is if you are currently booked with a room only reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter