• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Switching from a verandah room (4b) to an oceanview (8c) for a family of 5

basketlacey

DIS Veteran
Help! An ocean view stateroom has popped up on our upcoming cruise. We have not reached our PIF date yet. This would save $1800 which I consider significant. A couple of issues - one, I can't pick the room so I'd have to book GTY status and 2 I'm having trouble understanding from the website how this room would be configured for 5. What they describe is a queen bed, a sofa bed and a fold down bed. Where would the 5th bed be?

We've only done one cruise and we had a verandah room on the Magic. It was a great setup for our family and I'm trying to figure out how the Ocean View room compares. Also, if I book a GTY room, they would put us in one that sleeps 5, right???

Help! An ocean view stateroom has popped up on our upcoming cruise. We have not reached our PIF date yet. This would save $1800 which I consider significant. A couple of issues - one, I can't pick the room so I'd have to book GTY status and 2 I'm having trouble understanding from the website how this room would be configured for 5. What they describe is a queen bed, a sofa bed and a fold down bed. Where would the 5th bed be?

We've only done one cruise and we had a verandah room on the Magic. It was a great setup for our family and I'm trying to figure out how the Ocean View room compares. Also, if I book a GTY room, they would put us in one that sleeps 5, right???

I can say if it allows five then you will be allocate bed places for five, do remember there is a double bed.

I would assume the sofa bed sleeps two and the fold down sleeps one so that makes room for 5??

If the room sleeps 5 it would have the queen, the couch, a pull down bunk over the couch and a pull down Murphy bed between the couch and outer wall.

I would assume the sofa bed sleeps two and the fold down sleeps one so that makes room for 5??
Its not a sofa bed, its a flip couch under the bunk that sleeps one, the queen bed sleeps 2, the murphy bed sleeps 1 and the upper bunk sleeps 1.

Correct as post above says. You have to consider how much time you would spend in the room if it was worth it for a Verandah. 1800 is a lot of Port Adventures or even several plane tickets. Also there is a chance you could get a better room than that cat.

Thanks everyone! It sounds like the exact layout we had before minus the verandah. I'm going to try and switch. Hopefully I can reach my agent before it disappears. Category 8C would be the lowest I would be right? With GTY status?

Thanks everyone! It sounds like the exact layout we had before minus the verandah. I'm going to try and switch. Hopefully I can reach my agent before it disappears. Category 8C would be the lowest I would be right? With GTY status?

yes!! Jump on it! We are a family of five and actually prefer the Oceanview...the big window seat is an extra place to sit and we loved the view..we practically never used our verandah at all when we had one. Chances are fair that you might be moved up to verandah anyhow :) I would reach your TA quickly, Oceanviews do pop up but the ones that can hold five are very hard to come by. Definitely worth saving $1800 you can put towards excursions and other for a brilliant trip! One time, I saw Oceanview pop up and I booked it online for fear it would disappear before my TA could get it, they were slow in responding...when she did respond she said there were no rooms on her screen...so she had me give the ressie number to her that I had booked and rebooked the same one under her agency...I just did not want to risk losing it! And I would have, if I'd waited!

yes!! Jump on it! We are a family of five and actually prefer the Oceanview...the big window seat is an extra place to sit and we loved the view..we practically never used our verandah at all when we had one. Chances are fair that you might be moved up to verandah anyhow :) I would reach your TA quickly, Oceanviews do pop up but the ones that can hold five are very hard to come by. Definitely worth saving $1800 you can put towards excursions and other for a brilliant trip! One time, I saw Oceanview pop up and I booked it online for fear it would disappear before my TA could get it, they were slow in responding...when she did respond she said there were no rooms on her screen...so she had me give the ressie number to her that I had booked and rebooked the same one under her agency...I just did not want to risk losing it! And I would have, if I'd waited!

I got it!!! My TA responded immediately to my email and got right on the phone with DCL. ThEre was only one room available and she booked me into it! I'm completely pumped about it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter