Switched To AAA??

MommyBuzz909

Disneyland Doll
Have any of you ever transferred your WDW reservation from Disney to AAA?? I have my AAA TA trying to get me a better price and just wasn't sure if anyone else has successfully had this done for them before??

How much money was AAA able to save you, if you don't mind me asking? And was your package the same or somewhat similar to what you have with Disney?

You'll be so sorry you asked :)

First, from www.mousesavers.com: "American Automobile Association (AAA) and Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) members qualify for "room only" discounts almost year-round, though there are a limited number of rooms available for each date. You can generally save about 10-20% at the Disney resort hotels, depending on the season.

In general, the discounts run as follows:

During Value Season you can get up to 15% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 20% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.

During Regular Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.

During Peak Season and Summer Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts.

The only time AAA/CAA discounts don't usually apply is Holiday Season (around Christmas) at the Value and Moderate resorts.

You don't have to book AAA/CAA rates through the Auto Club. Room-only reservations with an AAA discount can be booked directly through the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel. Just ask if there is an AAA or CAA discount for your dates and resort."

We were booked at the Contemporary during value season, so we got the 15% off. That amounted to $288 in savings over the 6 nights. Subtract the $60 annual fee, and we still saved over $200.

Then we got the 40% off (accomodations) PIN code. There were no code rooms left at the Contemporary for those dates, so we switched to the Polynesian. We saved another $500. (That's right-- $800 less than the rack rate for the Contemporary, to stay at the Polyensian.) I think it comes out to close to $1000 less than the rack rate from the website.

But the moral to the story is that AAA or CAA, is much more of a sure thing than hoping for a PIN code. Hope away, but hedge your bets and get the Auto Club discount.

We did it with our bounce back promo for this coming Sept. Funny thing is our AAA TA knew what she was doing, the Disney res. CM didn't, our TA got it straightened out for us preventing a nightmare when final payment is due. So yes, it is easy to do, just tell you AAA TA.

I transferred my Disney package over to AAA. For our dates - mid-July - we saved 10% on the room portion (off rack rate) on our value resort ressie. It cost us $50 to join - we still came out ahead by a little AND picked up some AAA benefits like storytime; special parking area; dining discounts in DTD at certain restaurants. I was hesitant to switch at first but once I did it, it was easy. I've since rec'd a beautiful brochure from AAA TA and some info on DDP. So...so far so good.

If you do opt to go with AAA, be sure to take advantage of the free AAA Storytime. Our kids really enjoyed it. It was a nice quiet opportunity to spend some time with a character. In our case, we got to see Aladdin. My son thoroughly enjoyed it. We'll definitely book through AAA again. We got a good price and the servcie was wonderful.

Amy, I had forgotten about that.

How do you book it-- through AAA or at the park?

I did it and got an excellent deal. I think it was because i switched to AAA during their Disney special month in January though.:goodvibes

Amy, I had forgotten about that.

How do you book it-- through AAA or at the park?

When I got all of our vouchers and info from AAA, there was a phone number to call. I called about 2 weeks before our trip, and had no trouble getting the day and time I wanted.

Have fun!

I just got back from my local AAA office, showed then what I had. They couldn't even come close to matching Disney. My booking with Disney I saved $500. And I guess if you're trying to book for July through AAA, ASMo is totally sold out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter