Swiss Alps or South Africa????

sunkssed22

Earning My Ears
Planning our honeymoon for 2012.. Sometime after September.. Debating between the Swiss Alps and South Africa.. This is, ofcourse, if these same trips will be scheduled for the 2012 season.. Any suggestions??I'm mid 20's and he is 30. Anything would be helpful, if some have feedback on these trips! Thanks = )

I know they will still offer the Swiss Alps next year since that's one of the trips we are eyeing as well for next year. :)

We did the Alpine Magic AbD last year and it was FANTASTIC! I think going to northern Italy and Switzerland would make a great honeymoon trip.

Hi Sunkssed22,

We did Alpine Magic last year (along with DisFan). It was an awesome trip with the right mix of planned activities and time on your own. If you go into the sticky link for the trip reports, I think there are 3 or 4 separate postings that I have in there. They are primarily photos, but you can see some of the scenery and things you will (or can) do. We also added on 5 days in Paris at the end.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. All in all, we found this to be a unique itinerary that you don't find with any other tour companies and it would be difficult to plan many of the activities on your own.

I've read lots of great reports about the Swiss Alps trip! (and South Africa, too).

One thing you may want to keep in mind, however, is that this year, there were no Swiss Alps trips scheduled after mid-September. If I understood your post correctly, you were looking to travel after September, so unless they make changes, the Swiss Alps wouldn't be available to you. South Africa had no trips after the 2nd half of September, except for a Christmas-time trip. Obviously, this might change next year, but I just thought you should be aware of this.

Sayhello

Hi RSM!

Looking at the photos you posted brought back a lot of fun memories. That was a great trip and we really enjoyed sharing the adventure with you guys.

I can't speak to the alpine trip, but can say that south Africa is amazing! Make sure you have Craig for your guide. He is spectacular. There is quite a few long bus rides, but the tour tries to expose you to so much of the country. Even though we were winding through narrow roads, the tour bus driver was excellent and the views amazing. The drives actually allowed down time and a chance to see the countryside. We went on at the South Africa "signature" tour and everything was top notch (but more expensive than most of the ABD tours. If you do go for your honeymoon, go few days early and stay at the Cape May hotel in Cape Town. It will be a delightful treat. don't think the regular ABD tour stays there.

@Campbyers:South Africa seems to be what I am leaning towards, because of the wildlife and recreation involved.. What is the name of that hotel.. Cape May Hotel?? I looked, However I am not finding it online.. Thanks for much for the advice!!

Thanks so much for some advice all!! Ofcourse now I have the man leaning towards the swiss alps and then me towards Africa!! haha... I think I am more attracted to the adventure and wildlife with the africa trip, where He is more attracted to the relaxing vibe we are getting from the Alpine trip.. And ofcourse, looking at the snake pics from Africa does NOT interest him. lol..

The Africa trip is almost double the price of the Alpine trip, so we want to make sure we make a good decision, and blow so much money away, but I have heard so many great things from ABD that I don"t think we will have to worry about "wasting" our money.

oops! it is Cape Grace Hotel on the waterfront. it is spectacular!

We loved the wildlife of the safari, but also the history of Cape Town. There is lots of activity, but you can certainly take some time for yourself! We met some wonderful people on the trip and no matter what difficulties arose - i scratched my eye, our plane was delayed...,- the guides were there to help!

We took the Germany trip and the Knights and Lights and they both have a different feel than South Africa. Have you checked airfare yet? This may also be an issue....we booked a year in advance and used flier miles.

There is alot of tour bus riding for both of those other tours listed above. Thus, that should not really be your deciding factor. South Africa is such a different experience! So with all that said, our family is likely to choose Alaska over Ireland in 2012.

Best wishes to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter