• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swimsuit Cover Up

primgirl

Earning My Ears
Would you wear a swimsuit cover up with a swimdress? I normally swim at the Y, where no cover up is needed. I'm thinking that a cover up might be really bulky over a swimdress, but I don't want to be the only person walking to the pool in just their suit. I'm a size 16 if that matters.

Thanks

I wouldn't think you need it, I have a couple of new swim dresses and I would not wear a coverup. I love the swim dresses, I probably have nit worn a bathing suit in 10 years and I am excited to wear one tomorrow for swim lessons with my 2.5 year old.

Do what makes you feel comfortable. I promise you that you will not be the only one walking to the pool in just a swimsuit. :)

not necessary :) wear what you feel comfortable in.:thumbsup2

There will be people smaller than you there, those the same size as you and others larger than you and I bet nobody will take notice either way. :)

I had been considering the same question - could have written your post as I'm the same size....I've decided to just wear shorts with it until I get to the pool or waterpark. A cover up is just going to be toooooo hot. LOVE my swim-dress except for the fact that it's one piece. I had one that was 2 separate pieces and the shoulder strap broke on one side. I'm tall and it's hard to find one that's long enough... Have a great trip!

I wear skirted swimsuits and I do wear one, but only because the trek from the Bcv to the SAB pool often leads us thru the lobby and I HATE walking thru resort lobbies in just a swimsuit, but that is just me

I wear skirted swimsuits and I do wear one, but only because the trek from the Bcv to the SAB pool often leads us thru the lobby and I HATE walking thru resort lobbies in just a swimsuit, but that is just me
This...I wear a 2 piece skirted suit. I just feel more comfortable with a cover up on when I'm walking to the pool.

When I'm at the pool & have to use the restroom or am getting a snack I sometimes put my cover up on & sometimes I don't, but to walk back & forth from the pool I always put a cover up on.

I'm that size too and I think it depends on where your room is in relation to the pool. If you are at a moderate and the pool is around the corner, I wouldn't bother. But if you are at a deluxe and have to get on the elevator, I would be more comfortable with a coverup.

I think its preference, but regardless of a persons "size" no one should be walking thru a hotel lobby or in a public elevator in a swimsuit without a cover up. :eek:
Now if you have a pool side room and walk out straight to the pool, that'd be different......I also think its gross to see towels and bathing suits hanging all over resort handrails :eek: Tacky....but thats just me....:lmao:

With my swimdresses, I always wear a short (to the knee) zip-up, robe type cover up...but I wear it open, like a jacket. This eliminates the bulkiness but at the same time covers up my "problem areas" a little more than just the swimdress alone.

Thanks everyone. We are staying at a moderate (POR) so I won't be walking through the lobby. I think I'll take some loose shorts and a baggie t shirt just in case and play it by ear.

Yes swimdresses are wonderful!

I always wear a coverup over my swimsuit no matter what type of suit it is, I just feel weird walking around a resort in just my swimsuit. I guess it's up to personal preference really...

With my swimdresses, I always wear a short (to the knee) zip-up, robe type cover up...but I wear it open, like a jacket. This eliminates the bulkiness but at the same time covers up my "problem areas" a little more than just the swimdress alone.
I agree with this. I am not big in size, but I think it is more appropriate to wear a cover up regardless.

I have always made my DD's put on a cover up even when walking to the restroom while at the pool. That's just me though...........I'm weird like that!

Unless the pool is right outside my door, I wear a cover up. I am not comfortable walking through buildings in just a swimsuit.

victorias secret's PINK brand... they are sooooo cute and there are tons to choose from!!!! definitely go there!

I always wear a coverup.

Guess I'm a little dumb, but whats a swimdress? I googled swimdress because I've never heard or seen a swimdress. It appears to me as long as your have something on your feet there, nothing wrong with wearing it around.

I'm a cover-up kinda gal but that is just me. I don't want any jiggly parts frightening anyone!! :rotfl:

If wearing a swimdress, I'm sure that is as much coverage as some flimsy cover-ups. I say, you're fine with just the dress.

To me it depends on where you're going and where you have to go to get there as well as the top of the swim dress. I wear one as well. I have one with a top that is cut very modestly. If I am going to the pool and only to the pool and don't have to walk through a building to get there, I will wear it alone. The skirt is long enough. I have another that has a v-neck top and I prefer to wear a cover up over it. I think it is fine poolside but to walk to and from, I prefer a little more coverage - just personal preference. I really like the gauzy - lightweight cover ups. I'm looking for a new one for our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter