Swimming @ WL Lodge in mid October

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Weapon30, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Weapon30

Weapon30 Earning My Ears

Booked for the middle of October and was wondering about pool temps. Have a 4 year old that loves to swim and we take mid afternoon breaks. We generally go over the summer so it's not an issue. Is the pool heated? Will it be too cold to swim?

Is the

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. macnodos

macnodos DIS FAN

In many trips over the years and the last few as a DVC member, October is the best month to go especially with kids. Weather is perfect and crowds are somewhat lower. All pools in WDW are heated, I believe and swimming year round is the norm. October should give you sunny days with temps in the mid eighties.

4. partypa

partypa Mouseketeer

We were at the WL this past October and many Octobers before that, swimming was a top priority, the kids were In The Pools morning, afternoon and well Into the night just about every day. The weather is still quite Hot in October, some days as high as 90*F

5. MinnesotaMouseketeers

MinnesotaMouseketeers DIS Veteran

It's all relative. We were at POR in January 2012 when the temperatures got into the 30's by morning. The resort closed down the pool side bar for a couple of nights, called the pool closed (no life guards) but there were still people swimming. We weren't one of them.

I can't believe the temperatures could ever get down too low in October for swimming, but we live in Minnesota so I would jump in the pool even if the temps drop into the 60s. We have been to WDW twice in November and the temps were perfect for us.

6. Weapon30

Weapon30 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info everyone!

7. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I've been to WDW twice in October and neither time was it cold -- in fact it was much hotter than summer at home (California) so pool temps were never a problem at all. ;)

8. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You shouldn't have any problem swimming in October. We've been during that time of year and the weather was great. Of course anything can happen as there's always a chance the weather could be cold as everyone is seeing crazy weather lately, but I think your chances of warm, sunny weather are good.