Swimming in January

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ironpig70, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

Really don't know where to stick this.

Looking at dates and times to go and I am into running so I am thinking of doing the run(s) next year. They are in January which I see is 75 degrees which to me is warm enough.

Question is are the pools open?

Are the water parks open?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Yes, pools are open, unless a cold snap comes in. Weather in January is unpredictable. It can be mid to high 70's or drop down to the 40's during a bad cold snap. Or anywhere in between.

One water park will be open. It's the season for refurbs, so one will be closed.

4. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick reply.

Anybody go to a water park in January?

5. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

My family swims all of the time when we go in the winter. Just make sure you have a towel ready when you come out! LOL

Yes, one WP will be open in January one closed for referb.
    They are not crowded usually - esp if you go on a cloudy/rainy/chance of rain type of day.

6. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

It might be 80 degrees one day and a day later it could be 40. Bring your suit just in case.

7. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

Yes :thumbsup2 We went last year in January/February. It was quite warm and the water park was fairly quite. As a previous poster said, one water park will be closed.