• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Swimming in January

ironpig70

DIS Veteran
Really don't know where to stick this.

Looking at dates and times to go and I am into running so I am thinking of doing the run(s) next year. They are in January which I see is 75 degrees which to me is warm enough.

Question is are the pools open?

Are the water parks open?

Yes, pools are open, unless a cold snap comes in. Weather in January is unpredictable. It can be mid to high 70's or drop down to the 40's during a bad cold snap. Or anywhere in between.

One water park will be open. It's the season for refurbs, so one will be closed.

My family swims all of the time when we go in the winter. Just make sure you have a towel ready when you come out! LOL

Yes, one WP will be open in January one closed for referb.
They are not crowded usually - esp if you go on a cloudy/rainy/chance of rain type of day.

It might be 80 degrees one day and a day later it could be 40. Bring your suit just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter