Swimming in January?

serendipity

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

My DH and I will be visiting the world this January and will be staying at the Poly. We would love to go to Typhoon Lagoon but I am concerned with the water being too cold- are the pools heated?

Also are the resort pools heated?

Thank you!

The pools are heated, but it does get pretty chilly here in January.

Also, you might want to check to make sure Typhoon Lagoon won't be in refurbishment. I know during this past winter, Disney closed Blizzard Beach for refurb half of the time and Typhoon Lagoon was closed for the other half.

Toooo Cold me us..... we like Disney in the Hot Season July and August. The pool are heated but I do find it alittle cold to swim in January.

The pools are heated, but you're still cold when you get out if it is cold outside!!! :)

I try very hard to hit the pools when there isn't anyone else there because I want to swim. That means late at night or in the very early morning. I stay warm while I'm in, but fuhreeze :cold: when I get out.

DF and I were at WDW this past January and stay at SSR. Out of the 10 days we were there, 3 were very warm and the rest were very cold. We never made it to the water parks but we did swim in the pool at SSR once. The other nights, we were forced to only use the hot tub because it was just too chilly out.

You probably won't know until you get there. sometimes Orlando can be too cold, other years, it's fine. A lot depends on what you are used to, being from Pennsylvania, we will swim if it's in the 70's during the day. That is warm to us. Take your swim suit and hope for the best. We'll be there the first week of January, so we'll be hoping for warm weather, too.

We've been in February when it has been warm enough to swim, but it was still a little chilly when we got out. The temperature was in the 70's when we went so it was fine for us...much better than the 20's in Upstate NY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter