• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

swimming in Feb

TSMAMI

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
We are going to be at Disney for winter break FEB 14th. I was wondering if anyone has been there at that time and it was warm enough to swim?

February in Orlando can be tricky. The average temperature is about 60 degrees, but you do get some great days. One of the biggest factors will be whether the pool is heated. If not, it can be pretty chilly.

There's always the hot tubs. You can even use them in the snow.

We are going to be at Disney for winter break FEB 14th. I was wondering if anyone has been there at that time and it was warm enough to swim?

Be prepared for any type of weather and temperature. Most of the time it is beautiful, but sometimes it can be down right cold. Take layers and a swim suit. If you are from the north you may find it is warm enough to go for a swim. The best part is that it is green and the flowers are in bloom. It is a refreshing boost when it is in the middle of freezing and snowing at home. Have a fun trip!

Be prepared for any type of weather and temperature. Most of the time it is beautiful, but sometimes it can be down right cold. Take layers and a swim suit. If you are from the north you may find it is warm enough to go for a swim. The best part is that it is green and the flowers are in bloom. It is a refreshing boost when it is in the middle of freezing and snowing at home. Have a fun trip!

Thank you! I cannot wait to get out of the freezing cold and see some palm trees and green grass.:banana:

I'm also going in February and I plan on bringing the kids' swimming suits as anything has to be warmer than this -- highs on Monday of -15 -- that is 15 below 0! Any swimming pool will feel like a hot tub to us!:rotfl2:

The time I went in February was the exception to the normal weather...We had a high of 30 degrees one day and in the 40s the rest of the time. Needless to say I was not real excited about the weather. Hope the weather is fabulous for you this February!!!

When you say the pools are heated, do you mean both the themed pools AND the quiet pools?

We stayed onsite once and 3 times offsite: the offsite pools are USUALLY cool, Disney are perfect.
One very cold winter we loved the steam rising off the pool at the WDW resort, so nice!

The time I went in February was the exception to the normal weather...We had a high of 30 degrees one day and in the 40s the rest of the time. Needless to say I was not real excited about the weather. Hope the weather is fabulous for you this February!!!

You must have gotten there shortly after we left on the 12th. We had some cool nights, but the days we generally in the 70s. I think it turned very cool the week after we left.

From www.wunderground.com:

Historical Summary for February 14 - February 21

Temperature:

The Average High Temperature is 74 F with a historical range of 52 F to 87 F

The Average Low Temperature is 54 F with a historical range of 32 F to 68 F

There is a 0% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F / 32°C).
(0 days out of 120 in historical record)

There is a 94% chance of a Warm Day (temperature over 60°F / 16°C).
(113 days out of 120 in historical record)

There is a 0% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F / 0°C).

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ty=Orlando&req_state=FL&req_statename=Florida

From www.wunderground.com:

Historical Summary for February 14 - February 21

Temperature:

The Average High Temperature is 74 F with a historical range of 52 F to 87 F

The Average Low Temperature is 54 F with a historical range of 32 F to 68 F

There is a 0% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F / 32°C).

There is a 94% chance of a Warm Day (temperature over 60°F / 16°C).
(113 days out of 120 in historical record)

There is a 0% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F / 0°C).

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ty=Orlando&req_state=FL&req_statename=Florida

thank you for posting this:thumbsup2

We've been there two February's (begining of Feb) where the chance of freezing broke the 0 mark LOL. First time Disney didn't cover the flowers, and was pulling them and replacing the next day. That night they covered them. The following year when we got the light frost, everything was covered.
The good part was, the parks were dead because it was so cold, but we were prepared. We came from the north with our warm jackets.
Also didn't stop the grands from swimming..but we looked funny watching them, with our winter coats and towels wrapped around us. They said it was cold at first, but once they learned to stay down low in the water, they loved it. Someone shouted from the side..hey, you people must be from the north..us southern people won't go swimming LOL!

With heated pools the water is warm enough. It is more a question of whether you feel like swimming or not with the weather not that hot. When we went in December our kids swam but my wife and I didn't bother.

We have gone in Feb each of the last 4 years and have always gone swimming, last year the kids practically lived in the pool when we weren't in the parks! I would definitely plan on bringing a suit or 2, coming from MI, my DD will swim if it's in the 60s and sunny!

We just got back lastnight and we had high temps pretty much our whole stay last week. One day it was 84 degrees, so it was perfect swimming weather.

We go in Feb every year. Last year we got to swim three times but the year before NO WAY! It is tricky. Take your suit just in case though.

We have gone in February on numerous occasions (at least 10) and it has always been warm enough to swim for at least part (and usually most) of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter