Swimming in December ?

MomLC

We Love Our Princess
:santa:My family and I are thinking of going to WDW at the end of December 2009. Is it warm enough to swim? If not, what suggestions do you have to keep a 7yr old busy for 8 days? Thanks:thumbsup2

My boys swam last December and really enjoyed it---depends on the weather. You really have to pack for all weather conditions that time of year. We used sweatshirts on some of the days! As far as staying busy, my family stays busy at the parks and hate to leave them....so I can't offer any suggestions there:confused3

We were there in early December 2008 and had a few warm, sunny days. One day was definitely warm enough for swimming.

I don't think you'll have any trouble staying busy. There is more than enough to do and your son will have a great time. Like PP said, pack warm clothes (jeans and sweatshirt, and tank tops and shorts, because that time of year can go either way) We go in early Jan every year. Last year (this past Jan it was very cold, pants and coats about every day, we had a real warm day our first day but we didn't get there until late afternoon and by the time it got dark, it was pretty cold. We did go to the pool but my sons lips were turning purple. I had to drag him away because he wanted to stay and swim. So maybe prepare him that if it is too cold out, he cannot swim that way he won't be too dissapointed. Although your son is older and can probably make that choice himself. Have a great trip.

Hi,

To echo what others have said...winter weather in Orlando is completely unpredictable. You could have warm days (80s) with cool mornings, or you could have mornings near freezing with afternoons in the 40s or 50s. Or you could have a little of both, or something in between.

My advice is to pack a little of everything (including swimsuits) and if you get a warm day or days, take advantage of them and go swimming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter