Swimming at Beach Club, weather

jk591

Earning My Ears
Looks like its going to be around 75 degrees when we are there. Is that warm enough to swim? Is Stormalong Bay heated?

All pools are heated to a certain degree, never comfortable though for me.... It's why we stay away from the iffy weather months...

Though heated some getting in is not bad, it's the getting out that's shivering cold....

Works for some but we like the water quite warm!

If you were at home, could you tolerate a pool when the outside temperature is 75 degrees and the pool was heated.

If so, you can tolerate it at Disney; it is no different. It would not be so much the pool itself, but whether you can tolerate the walk back to the room after getting wet.

You are asking a very subjective question.

Looks like its going to be around 75 degrees when we are there. Is that warm enough to swim? Is Stormalong Bay heated?

It all depends on you. In January, you'll see people at the waterparks.. That would be fine for us..

We were there last December over 4 nights. The first day the high was only about 60, the second day around 70, and the third day around 75.

On the first day, we basically had SAB to ourselves (except the lifegaurds, who outnumbered us about 10:1 and, I think, thought we were nuts). Once we got in the water, it seriouisly wasn't that bad, but we're from upstate NY. The hot tubs were divine. About the only aspect that was unpleasant was getting out of the water (for example, the long walk from the pool to the waterslide was a bit :eek: and not for the faint of heart).

On the second day, there were probably about 50-60 people in the pool area. It was a fair bit more comfortable but you still found yourself more inclined to hit the hot tub than the pool and getting out was still slightly chilly.

On the third day, there were probably at least 200 people in the pool area. Overall, it seemed pretty comfortable and this included getting out. But I was still inclined to spend more time in the hot tub than the pool.

All pools are heated - It's just coming out of the water that can be heard - esp at night! :thumbsup2

I have been to the world in Jan, Feb, & March and swam all three times and had no problem.

75 sounds ok to me! I say why not? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter